Best Sitcom ever?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Still Game & Royle Family for me for the most recent.

But going back a few years i love the ones i grew up with like Citizen Smith,Are you being served etc.Silly as it is the mention of mrs slocombes pussy still cracks me up!!!

Bestest ever has to go to Dads Army-pure class!

Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister just ho close did Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn come to the real thing. A new hospital full of administrators and no health staff. Big Brother , The Smoke Screen, Doing the Honours list . Just for a start and then The Official Secrets with a PM wants a inquiry into data going missing and leaks to the press. They could not have been any closer to the current government unless the used the tardis

I'd also go with Seinfeld. Although quantity doesn't equal quality... (Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps being the prime example)... the majority of their 180(!) epsiodes are excellent. Only went downhill IMO when Larry David left.

Father Ted comes a close second and, getting in the festive spirit, definitely has the best Christmas special ever.

Only Fools And Horses was great at the start, started to lose it a bit after the third series and then got better when they started doing fifty minute episodes instead of half an hour ones for the sixth and seventh series'... how many sitcoms have done that?! Those last three Christmas specials never happened - in my mind they left it after they became millionaires!

My top three sitcom characters are Frank Costanza, Bishop Brennan and Edmund Blackadder (who I honestly think raises that show from a D- to an A+).