Most annoying song ever?

misty25

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Sorry, I didn't realise you were asking for an interpretation of the lyrics. Can't help you there: I haven't a clue what a lot of songs are actually about - take that one recently played on the radio that has the line "Your sex is on fire." I just assume the singer had had relations with someone and caught some nasty STI. :?

• 1 month later...
An online poll conducted in the '90s set Vitaly Komar, Alex Melamid and David Soldier on a quest to create the most annoying song ever. After gathering data about people's least favorite music and lyrical subjects, they did the unthinkable: they combined them into a single monstrosity, specifically engineered to sound unpleasant to the maximum percentage of listeners.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/04/a-scientific-at.html

I'm about seven minutes into it and beginning to feel quite nauseous.

^^ Okay, so I lasted 3 minutes before having to escape, but I've heard worse....not much worse mind you, but it did have the edge.

Try Laurie Anderson's 'O Superman' for one, the relentless monotone backing is the nearest you'll get to audio Chinese torture....pit dat een on fur a ringtone.............but only if you're feeling sucidial, sooner rather than later somebody will have to kill you for making them have to hear it.

Guest Anonymous

@Ghostrider

I gotta disagree about the Laurie Anderson track "O Superman" Its an absolute classic piece of minimal electronic art that got me thinking about sounds and effects at an early age. Audio torture to me is a song I occasionally hear on SIBC, dont know who its by but the lyrics go something like "It really is a pleasurable thing" then the chorus is "Rockstar Rockstar....." true audio bullstein!

^^ I'm not going to argue, as up to a point I agree with you. For me its an enigma, on one hand I find it intriguing and with certain almost addictive qualities that keeps drawing me back to listen to it again and again despite it being over 27 years old, and having heard it waay many times too often already. But that monotone backing gets me every time, I never manage to listen right the way through to the end, by one miniute in I'm either tearing my hair out or sprinting for the door. :lol:

^True. I've got it on me ipod, it sits there with its playcount at zero and I would pay money to not have it played. Some times I just look at its name in the listings and wonder why I put it there or why it exists at all.

Why I have not deleted it, I dont know.

I might just pop it on now to check.

Then again, no I wont.

Can we just not talk about it, I'm getting confused again.

DJ Otzi belongs in this thread too!

:shock: :shock:

Clearly you've never heard 'Anton aus Tirol'...a classic of its genre.

Nope....I hadn't....and wish that was still the case.....

....WTF is that he thinks he's doing?!? :shock:

Errrmmmm...I guess it was one of those 'you had to be there' moments.

On a ski-trip to Austria in 2000 that was being blasted out ad nauseum from the cafes dotted over the slopes.

Of course I just had to get a copy and asked one of the German teachers to translate it once we'd got back.

Seems this Anton dude is God's gift to women and likes to let folk know about it :D

As a bit of cheesy, catchy Euro-pop though it's up there with the cheesiest.