Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But since my posts on the Judane thread resulted in oddtablet making it clear that my views on Shetland matters were not wanted, I have not really been joining in discussions. :oops:

I had you down as someone with a bit more testicular fortitude than that.

Jump back in - your views are aye as welcome as anyone else. Well...nearly anyone :lol:

Hah! Maybe the cold weather has resulted in my suffering from a hormonal imbalance. On the other hand, that's much more likely to be my age...

Thanks guys. I'm sure I will dip my toe back in the water soon. Must admit, only posting about books and sweeties has been getting just a teeny bit boring!

But since my posts on the Judane thread resulted in oddtablet making it clear that my views on Shetland matters were not wanted, I have not really been joining in discussions often. :oops:

The opinion of one does not necessarily represent the views of the entire staff and management. :wink:

Lets face it, regardless of whatever stance anyone takes, there's always going to be someone somewhere annoyed by it, and will tell whoever said it to piss off, they're not wanted.

Differences in opinions are what makes for worthwhile discussions, even if they do unfortunately degenerate in to name-calling playground antics once in a while, the alternative of everyone singing from the same hymn sheet agreeing on everything would see this site die a death in days. All opinions are welcome, even if folk don't agree with what someone says, it can often be enough to make them see the subject from a slightly different angle, make them re-examine how they see it themselves, and why they hold the opinion they do.

Hah! Maybe the cold weather has resulted in my suffering from a hormonal imbalance. On the other hand, that's much more likely to be my age...

Thanks guys. I'm sure I will dip my toe back in the water soon. Must admit, only posting about books and sweeties has been getting just a teeny bit boring!

Ja, welcome back mainlander.

I must admit I thought you were in the Town Hall dungeons.

I think Marooned in Maywick maybe thought so as well?

As for Oddtablet (humour him).

I have to change thread to Judane, as I feel a post coming on. :mrgreen:

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2010/January/news/In%20brief%20-%2022%20January%202010.htm

THE Council’s economic development unit is preparing a detailed report on how successful its strategy of investing community funds into local businesses has been over the last 25 years.

The report has been requested by council convener Sandy Cluness, chief executive Dave Clark as well as a number of councillors, to give the local authority some positive headlines.

Councillors said they were frustrated with weeks of critical reporting after they agreed last December to write off more than £400,000 from two loans to knitwear factory Judane (Shetland) Ltd.

Head of development Neil Grant said he was confident of pulling together a report within a couple of weeks that would include the amount of income generated over the years as well as the jobs created.

Ive been trying to think of any success story all day. Unsurprisingly, none spring to mind.

Any ideas?