Chris Hodge & Judane's

Tomblands

I was thinking that it was an awful coincidence that it all kicks of after they get on the council it is just that what ever you think of Chris Hodge he seems to be making money while using the building the previous owners could not and now they are making decisions about the islands oil funds if they could not run there own firm how can the people of Shetland trust them.

Of course this is my own opinion and not any one who run and moderate Shetlink but the council runs the oil fund like it was credit card and any decent bank manager would have taking the credit card of me if I had run the account the same way as the council has run the oil fund wouldn’t they ?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I’m wrong here but isn’t the people who own the building now on the council?

Consider yourself corrected. You are WRONG. :D

I've posted this before but Caroline Miller (I assume that she is the person you are sniping at) DOES NOT and has NEVER had any official interest in either Judane or any of their holdings.

The fact that she is married to Frank Miller is of little or no relevance as she is careful to declare an interest in any discussion that may encroach on this.

Correct me if I’m wrong here but isn’t the people who own the building now on the council?

I've posted this before but Caroline Miller (I assume that she is the person you are sniping at) DOES NOT and has NEVER had any official interest in either Judane or any of their holdings.

The fact that she is married to Frank Miller is of little or no relevance as she is careful to declare an interest in any discussion that may encroach on this.

so she has no intrest as never gain even a penny from her husbands ownership of the building. if she has had no personal involvement. this either says they are not a close couple or somebody is telling a few untruths.

when you buy somrthing you talk to your partner. when he went to the funds for a loan. she did not have to agree to.

they went bust why would you want her looking after your money when they cant look after theres.

why do they still own the factory they still owe money to the fund why has it not been sold and the money owed payed back.

i note that hodges has had even more stock delivered. never seen someone take so long to shut down.

i wonder that he nrver went to the trust to get a loan to buy the building. he did at one time employ quite a few people.

I was thinking that it was an awful coincidence that it all kicks of after they get on the council it is just that what ever you think of Chris Hodge he seems to be making money while using the building the previous owners could not and now they are making decisions about the islands oil funds if they could not run there own firm how can the people of Shetland trust them.

Completely ignoring the fact that Judane Ltd was a profitable company and provided employment for nearly 30 years and that Chris Hodge Ltd has yet to publish any accounts... Oh dear!!

Can I suggest that you try and speak with Frank Miller, Judith Miller and, Chris Hodge before indulging yourself at their expense.

did anyone else hear in the news about judith miller wanting planning permission for flats in the old judane building??

isnt that carroline and frank millers building. or it was until she got onto the council and handed it over to judith

hmm i wonder if it will be accepted.

doesnt Carroline miller own another building. i had a quick look on the sic website and see what she has registered intrest in but i couldnt see it.

am not sure tho.

http://www.shetland.gov.uk/coins/interests.asp?id=902&name=Miller%2C+Caroline+Helen+Janette

thats the link for counciller millers regester of intrests

I daresay if she decided to file for divorce it would have much relevance, both in the value of the capital assets and in any past, present and future income. Technically on paper she may not be "involved" with any of the "Judane" ventures, but in practice she holds a postion where she could exert direct influence on them, and inevitably benefits from her husband's active involvement in them. She's an integral part of the "Judane" enterprises by default of her personal circumstances.

I think its time people who are owners/directors/shareholders etc of business ventures in which the council have an investment were banned from becoming councillors.

They are supposed to declare an interest and play no part in any discussions where they have a financial involvement.

Aye, its a start, but in itself also a dead giveaway, if any councillor didn't know certain colleague(s) were closely involved with specific business(ess) anyway, they soon find out when the debate comes to the table. Which might be fine and well, if it were not for the high levels of cronyism which can often exist in a small place like Shetland.

The debate and subsequent vote just has to be biased and sqewed many a time, simply because Councillor "X" or "Y" etc is connected with something and their pals will speak and vote for it, just because its them, regardless if their true feelings and opinions are something else.

Anyone in a position of any control within a business in which the council has investeted by way of a loan or a with conditions grant, is almost as reliant upon future council decisions to ensure their continued income from said business, as someone on the payroll is on their's.

did anyone else hear in the news about judith miller wanting planning permission for flats in the old judane building??

Quite true but 'old' news.

isnt that carroline and frank millers building. or it was until she got onto the council and handed it over to judith

No. It's Judane's building.

doesnt Carroline miller own another building. i had a quick look on the sic website and see what she has registered intrest in but i couldnt see it.

Quite possible, Caroline has some business interests of her own that are in no way linked with Judane. Why don't you ask her?

hmm i wonder if it will be accepted.

am not sure tho.

http://www.shetland.gov.uk/coins/interests.asp?id=902&name=Miller%2C+Caroline+Helen+Janette

thats the link for counciller millers regester of intrests

Owner of Croft and house at 2 Heogan, Bressay Part Owner - 108, 100, 112, 116 Commercial Street; Harbour Cafe, Mout Steps, Esplanade, Lerwick; 36A, 36B Market Street, Lerwick; Site at old Laundry, Market Street, Lerwick Developer - Old Judane Factory, North Road, Lerwick Part Owner - Solheim Guest House, 34 King Harald Street, Lerwick; Joint Owner of crofts at Hillside, Heogan, Bressay - Croft No.s C7147, C12951, C451 & C10931 [01/05/2008]