Sumburgh Airport Closed - BT Phone Faults

low_approach

Vodafone working In Leaside. Just phoned my brother He says his mobile was working when he left work, just before Tea Time Twerto

Fifi I'm nearly 50 so I can remember the old system ok. It just all the shops we went to had put up signs to say no card transactions today in there door windows

Maybe they just can't be bothered.

I had a vision of some young assistant running to the boss and saying he gave me this he says it is money what do I do with it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we were due to leave glasgow at 13.30, our flight got delayed by half an hour and then we were told we were being flown to scatsta, arrived in scatsta at around 4. We then had to wait for a bus to arrive to take us (and a few more pax from a previous flight) down to lerwick and then on to sumburgh, we finally arrived at sumburgh at 6 o'clock this evening.

Talk about a long day :( .....

Fifi I'm nearly 50 so I can remember the old system ok. It just all the shops we went to had put up signs to say no card transactions today in there door windows

Maybe they just can't be bothered.

Sorry, due to today's problems involving phone communications down, they were actually correct in not attempting card transactions. Just been looking at the Streamline bumf - http://www.streamline.com/support/kb/pdf/MOI_S04_SMS8817.pdf - and you have to phone for authorisation for every paper voucher transaction, so therefore, no go today if landline and mobiles were down. However, there are times when the only problem is lack of power and it would be perfectly ok in those circumstances to use paper vouchers and phone for authorisation.

we were due to leave glasgow at 13.30, our flight got delayed by half an hour and then we were told we were being flown to scatsta, arrived in scatsta at around 4. We then had to wait for a bus to arrive to take us (and a few more pax from a previous flight) down to lerwick and then on to sumburgh, we finally arrived at sumburgh at 6 o'clock this evening.

Talk about a long day :( .....

If I'd been on that flight, I'd have been grateful for the extra effort put in to getting us home that day instead of potentially having to stay an extra night in Glasgow and deal with the unexpected costs....

But maybe thats just me.....

sheesh and after getting the 8 million fae the cooncil for staying there, spik aboot a brass neck, they could surley bide open for a peerie start :wink:

Scatsta is available for sumburgh flights realistically until 21.30 monday to friday 08.00 to 18.00 saturday and by prior arrangementy on sunday !

As for the 8 Million that keeps getting brought up it gets repaid over an agreed period of time does sumburghs runway that keeps washing away get repaid ? and what was its initial cost & ongoing costs ?

The staff at Scatsta go out of their way to accomodate the sumburgh flights and make it run as smoothly as possible I believe they dont even charge landing fees etc where as at sumburgh they do charge if a Scatsta flight diverts and want more money to deal with it !

Maybe we should look into Scatsta being Licensed to take domestic flights which has been ruled out on a number of occasions due to the SIC involvement or should I say INVESTMENTS AND SHAREHOLDING in Sumburgh, The staff at Scatsta dont have any problem with it the only restriction on outbound passengers come from our elected chambers !

So when the new terminal @ Scatsta is built should the Shetland public be lobbying our elected officials in the council chambers to make things equal at both ends of the isle then both can benefit from sharing the workload in times of bad weather and passengers travelling in both directions would benefit by getting home and getting away.

Ta, I've got someone headed to ABZ on the 20:00 so good to know they're being sensible and using Scatsta.

Mind you, will be interesting to see if Flybe are allowed to load pax at Scatsta - wasn't this the issue previously?

And yes their are restrictions ones put in place by the council that should have been lifted 10 years ago at least, So next time flybe are sitting at scatsta phone your councillor and ask him why you cant start your holiday or visit that sick relative make that hospital appointment/treatment etc etc etc !!!

P.S.

My phone worked fine all day shame 95% o the folks that text me are Vodaphone and didna have a signal :D

:lol: not much bait needed nowadys to land a fish. The post was in reply to Sudden Stops post and was in jest hence the :wink: at the end of it, so climb down off your soapbox, there was nothing in the post reference staff attitudes to other work or to their ability to do it. If you think there was then that says more about your attitude to it that the content of the post.

^^ Aw, aren't you nice.. ;) Funnily enough, I had a customer today who said I didn't look old enough to have sons graduating this summer. :shock: Jeez, the Boots Protect & Perspire, Protect & Conspire, Preserve & Chutney magic serum.. whatever it's called.. must be workin'!! If they run out of it, I'm suddenly going to look about sixty.. :shock:

:lol: not much bait needed nowadys to land a fish. The post was in reply to Sudden Stops post and was in jest hence the :wink: at the end of it, so climb down off your soapbox, there was nothing in the post reference staff attitudes to other work or to their ability to do it. If you think there was then that says more about your attitude to it that the content of the post.

Oh my soap box is just fine and I can get on him anytime I want its known as freedom of speach, as for attitudes I think if you care to read the Shetland Times Readers views it tells an awful lot about attitudes.

And all your reply says is that the truth hurts.

And mine says both airports should be allowed to handle domestic flights for the good of Shetland as a whole !