Overpopulation (This thread may not be suitable for minors)

Overpopulation is a serious problem. To tackle it, should we...  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Overpopulation is a serious problem. To tackle it, should we...

• Deliberately exterminate 3.5 billion people in the most humane way science can devise.
    • Allow "nature to take it
    • Do everything we can to avert this catastrophy and allow numbers to fall naturally in line with declining birth rates due to the higher standard of living enjoyed in the West.
    • Pray

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering what folk here think of China's change of direction on the one child policy?

Is this what you are referring to?

Shanghai urges 'two-child policy'

Officials in Shanghai are urging parents to have a second child, the first time in decades the government has pushed for more babies.

A public information campaign has been launched to highlight exemptions to the country's one-child policy.

Surely the easiest option is to kill ALL the humans, thus ending Global Warming and letting the Earth live a nice peaceful life. Mankind appears to be the source of all these problems, and the answer is patently obvious.

At least to the environmental movement.

Surely the easiest option is to kill ALL the humans, thus ending Global Warming and letting the Earth live a nice peaceful life. Mankind appears to be the source of all these problems, and the answer is patently obvious.

so are you going to be the first. or maybe there will be an exemption for you and your family.

After you, oh, and take that straw man with you when you go, it's cluttering up the place. :wink:

Actually, it is a common fact that the nazi guards in the notorious concentration camps would have been gassed for fraternising with the jewish prisoners, so they routinely found companionship with their fellow germans.

The concept of a gay nazi is not such a fantastic thing, Rommel himself was in love with his dog, a male German Shepard, a fond and loyal companion for many years. Ghenghis Khan slept with his horse, a large steppe stallion and no one called him a poof. Alexander the great invented the "Greek Way". Need I say more. Anyway, in a cull of population, gay people would hardly be first in line. Who would get behind you and cut your hair?

Actually, it is a common fact that the nazi guards in the notorious concentration camps would have been gassed for fraternising with the jewish prisoners, so they routinely found companionship with their fellow germans.

The concept of a gay nazi is not such a fantastic thing, Rommel himself was in love with his dog, a male German Shepard, a fond and loyal companion for many years. Ghenghis Khan slept with his horse, a large steppe stallion and no one called him a poof. Alexander the great invented the "Greek Way". Need I say more. Anyway, in a cull of population, gay people would hardly be first in line. Who would get behind you and cut your hair?

by what you have just said the gays should be first it seems your all wanting to rule the world and sleep with you pets.

lets face it if you were going to cull humanity you would cull the none productive ones first as in not producing a replacement population. after all if you were to reduce the population of humans to a few million the last thing you would want would for them to be all gay.

Wot?!

Can you explain that paulb?

You seen to have it exactly reversed. If you wanted to reduce numbers of humans you would cull the productive members of humanity, those who bore children.

There is an arguable case that any increase in asexuality and homosexuality could be evolutions way of cutting numbers naturally. Which would make homosexuals more highly evolved, objectively, if not subjectively. If heterosexuality became a minority grouping the world would be all but saved in two generations. :wink:

Would we evolve out of an overpopulation crisis? Man changes the environment to fit his needs nowadays rather than those with qualities best suited to the environment passing these genetic advantages on and those less suited dying out.

Isn't it more likely that culture and laws will 'evolve' to deal with it?

One way of dealing with a problem is to get lots of people working on it, and if more people are being born there is also more chance of some special genius being born who can come up with an answer.

Bonk away heteros! should be an option in this poll.

I always welcome anyone pointing out the numerous other groups (especially the Gypsies) who were persecuted by the Reich during the Holocaust, rather than the "exclusively Jewish" version which is so commonly trotted out.

It's best to have some sort of hit parade of importance of those persecuted during the Holocaust

1 Gypsies

2-9 Other groups

10 Jews (The 6 million murdered story has been trotted out enough already, God! they're even talking about 2nd and 3rd generation survivors now, when will it end?)

Just because you feel other groups are under represented shouldn't cause you resentment because you feel the murder of 6 million Jews is over represented. If the story of the other groups persecuted during the Holocaust becomes proportionately greater I expect you will be irked by that injustice (rather than the Holocaust itself).

Unless of course you don't like Jews as much as Gypsies. In which case you should choose option 1 Deliberately exterminate 3.5 billion people in the most humane way science can devise, with the proviso that is is based on ethnic/cultural grouping.

"Jews and Romani were crammed into ghettos before being transported by freight train to extermination camps where, if they survived the journey, the majority of them were killed in gas chambers." Wikipedia

Shouldn't you be looking to refute K's denial of these events rather than trying to nitpick ArabiaTerra's essentially valid points about homosexuals under the Nazis?

I doubt anyone is claiming that the nazi's persecuted the jews exclusively but they were in the majority of those killed in the camps, over 6 million jews out of 11 million killed, but then it is quite the trendy thing to berate the jews nowadays. So anything that can be said or done to down play their suffering at the hands of European catholics is the norm.

I understand perfectly well that the Hitlerian regime was anti-Semitic and persecuted Jews and others. I understand many peoples, European Jews among them, experienced unfathomable tragedies in Europe during World War II.

Nevertheless, I no longer believe the German State pursued a plan to kill all Jews or used homicidal "gassing chambers" for mass murder.

The reasons I no longer believe either story are that no physical remains of authentic homicidal gassing chambers exist today, and there are no war-time generated documents which prove they ever did. I believe the gas chamber story to be a grotesque hoax.

For half a century the gas chambers have been at the heart of the holocaust story. In the literature, the two have been absolutely inseparable. It's tempting to say: "No gas chambers, no Holocaust." I have said it myself. But too often it can be--has been--misleading, particularly to those who are just becoming acquainted with revisionist theory. It's misleading because it suggests that, if there were no gas chambers--and there were not--the Jews of Europe did not suffer a tragedy at the hands of the Hitlerian regime. They did.

While it is true that the Germans were criminally responsible for the death of a large number of their slave labor prisoners, much eyewitness testimony about German atrocities against Jews and others is demonstrably false. It's wrong to bear false witness against others--most of us were taught to understand this when we were children. False testimony against anyone, including Germans, together with those who promote it, should be exposed to the light of public scrutiny.

The attempt to identify every call for open discussion about the gas chamber controversy with anti-Jewish sentiment is juvenile. Those who protest that it is more important to be sensitive to "survivors" than truthful about the historical record represent a world view that has no place in Western culture.

I am neither trendy or catholic.