Shetland Temperatures

PJ of Hildisvik

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking temperature readings that do not conform to this standard exposure will often give quite different results.

but when the various methods all agree, all except the met office of course. Then you have to wonder if someone is making an muckle sphincter of it or maybe even telling porkies.

No (Sheepshagger? Bobdahog?).

The Met Office are meticulous in their temperature data collection, using internationally standardised methods. They will be doing it properly and they are not lying. Relying on in-car temperature readouts is not reliable.

being serious n not trolling for a change , are these car thermometers not that bad ?

do you tink da snow n ice forecast will effect da airport nixt week?/dis weekend?

Are you serious asking a question like that?! It's only monday!

There is no way anybody can tell that far in advance, delays at the airport are caused from day to day, and you can usually only find out about them a few hours prior to travel. e.g. if you are flying at night and look for information first thing in the morning there is a good chance you won't find out anything because it is still too early to tell.

The best place to find out live information about flights is on the Loganair or HIAL websites.

do you tink da snow n ice forecast will effect da airport nixt week?/dis weekend?

Yes I am seriously askin dat question. I have not been hom in 6months and I dont want tae miss Xmas at hom and hiv tae spend it on my own. I have a flight booked very close tae da 25th and I'm trying tae think ahead instead of leaving till da last minute. Im no an idiot im no askin fur hard evidence Im just askin whit peoples opinions are on da matter, some people can predict it a lot better than the BBC for example.

After experiencin da country come tae a standstill last week, and it wisna predicted on da forecast atall, I am not convinced aboot gitn hame.

There is no way anybody can tell that far in advance, delays at the airport are caused from day to day, and you can usually only find out about them a few hours prior to travel. e.g. if you are flying at night and look for information first thing in the morning there is a good chance you won't find out anything because it is still too early to tell.

The best place to find out live information about flights is on the Loganair or HIAL websites.

Good job they don't prepare in advance then by looking at long range weather forecasts/radars, etc., then. :wink: Airports do have a "rough" idea of forthcoming weather which is why it is absolutely crazy when they cancel your flight 5 mins before it due to leave when they will have had an idea for the last hour whether or not it going to go!