Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anywhere online that tells you whether buses are running? Leasks site doesn't seem to...

The roads are icy by me but I don't know how bad the roads have to get before they call off the buses.

You could try ZetTrans. If they don't know they should as they're in charge of all public transport within Shetland.

http://www.zettrans.org.uk/

Sorry tae say dirs much more heading your way tonight!!

Wir about 80 mile NE o Shetland and its been snowing more or less steady here since 1pm!! And da wind is about 30-40 knots!

Direction o the wind means next stop = East side!!

Best get da feet tae da fire!! :lol:

Hope it all go's away afore da 7th!! :?

Roads round twatt and bixter just too bad. Flybe not sure whether the morning flights happening.

Sadly looks like I'm not getting home tomorrow, and will have to spend the weekend stuck in Kirkcaldy, away from my lovely wife. :( :( :(

Still, it only cost me 55 quid to change my flights to next weekend.

We have just done Scalloway to Lerwick and back via Da Brig o Fitch. It was awful !!!!! The Scord is real bad both up and down. Sutherlands brae is atrocious in both directions. The wind is blowing snow across the road and we couldn't tell where the road was most of the time. It's OK if you have a 4X4, unfortunately we don't.

The worst thing is we have to do it again later to pick wir boy up from work. :cry: