447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

Oh yeah that was it!

Thanks for the quick answers.

Some of the people are a little "scared2 by rough sea. Seeing that it's such a big ship will certainly comfort them. :D

PMSL - you'd better not watch the clips on youtube then of the ferry in rough weather. :wink:

I can't find any http://www2.glamour.de/glamour/glamunity/forum/images/smiles/eusa_shifty.gif

^^Don't you dare!

I watch the ferry every night and so far, I've only seen it once look a tiny bit going up and down. Err what time of year did you say you were coming up though? No, go on, come up and enjoy the delights of Shetland ...

... if the ferry is a tad poo, just put it down to experience!

I'm kidding!

Hey I'm German I'm tough! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e006.gif

I'm coming in January for the Up-Helly-Aa and I'm less worried for myself than for my firends. One of the girls has never been on a ferry.

I already experienced extremely rough sea while bringing my car to the UK last year. Never seen the massive Ferry crossing from France to England rocking so badly. It took over 2 hrs instead of 1!

I must admit I'm much more worried about Flybe cancelling our flights on the way back because a rice grain fell into a bag in Mongolia...

Yep, on the plus side for you it's closer to Germany than Aberdeen is.

The circumstances were pretty exceptional, combination of high wind, swell and low tides at Aberdeen. It must've been the St Clair, the previos ferry, operated by P&O, pretty sure it wasn't one of the Northlinks.

Northlink are quite sensible about cancelling or delaying sailings due to bad weather.

that's good to know.

But Edinburgh will be of no use since my car will be parked in aberdeen.

Ah there pops up another question: is there a car park at the Aberdeen ferry Terminal?

we're taking the ferry to Shetland but flying back and can't decide whether to leave the car at the Airport car park and take the bus to the ferry or the other way round? :?: