what jury.

What no jury! So no one to play up to then.

And no Oscar then for the leading man in a Calamitous role.

his crimes if found guilty don't warrent a jury trial. I thought you had to be facing more than 6 months in jail to be allowed a jury trial. I was surprised that the sheriff allowed him to play up. maybe the sherrif just hopes his replacement has to deal with this man.

i do hope that mr hill gets proper advice he could be done for contempt if he keeps playing up.

what jury.

What no jury! So no one to play up to then.

And no Oscar then for the leading man in a Calamitous role.

his crimes if found guilty don't warrent a jury trial. I thought you had to be facing more than 6 months in jail to be allowed a jury trial. I was surprised that the sheriff allowed him to play up. maybe the sherrif just hopes his replacement has to deal with this man.

i do hope that mr hill gets proper advice he could be done for contempt if he keeps playing up.

Well Paulb, I did post earlier, that Stuart Hill should acquire the services of Politically-Right - unless SH thinks that P_R was also spikin a load of c..p. :)

Seriously, SH (IMHO) has shown utter contempt, both for the Court and for the people of Shetland...

So 'Nazi Salute' has now run for 7 pages..

This one has reached 25 pages. :o

Assume the Sheriff finds Stuart guilty of all alleged traffic offences, but in his mercy gives Stuart a choice of sentences - what would they be?

Forvik

Guantanamo

Oz - as in Wizard, not the Country - Oh I don't know though?

Roll on the 16th.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Court Listing for tomorrow (16th) shows Stuart Hill listed under the Criminal list only....

This must go to show, surely, that the Sheriff intends to deal only with the alleged Traffic Offences and wants nothing whatsoever, to do with the 'Who owns Shetland' debate so vociferously put forward by Stuart over the years...

It should be an interesting time on the Hillhead.... :)

Will he wear his "Goonie" again?

Just one of the many questions we will know the answer to by this time tomorrow!

Or maybe the only one. Chances are it will be delayed in some fashion.

On the Goonie/Wig front - I shared the opinion of many/most that it was a silly thing to do, but perhaps I/we are being to hasty.

Stuart has been building up to this for a very very long time. Why would he blow it at the last fence, when he eventually gets the chance (if he does, of course) to make his case.

Will it help if he looks like a hapless goon in fancy dress, but then happens to cast them to the side at the last minute and catch the Sheriff and opposing lawyers off-guard by presenting a well researched, detailed and watertight case?

Possible. Isn't it?

Will it help if he looks like a hapless goon in fancy dress, but then happens to cast them to the side at the last minute and catch the Sheriff and opposing lawyers off-guard by presenting a well researched, detailed and watertight case?

Possible. Isn't it?

Outside of a far-fetched Hollywood courtroom drama, I'd suggest not.

Possible. Isn't it?

Would this be the same "possible" as in "its possible the sun will rise tomorrow morning likes its risen every morning for millions of years", or "possible" as in "its possible I could be the sole winner of the Lottery Jackpot this week" that we're talking here. :ponders:

So courtroom drama part 2.

Short and sweet today. The kick-off was postponed from 11:00 till 11:10 in order to get some air in the room. By 11:18 it was all over (for today) with the manacled Mr Hill being led down to the cells.

There were no unusual costumes today, just a laptop and collection of ring binders. The Sheriff also appeared well armed with some crusty looking law books and associated pagemarkers. It never got to that, however, because Mr Hill would not state that he was indeed Mr Hill. He was asked to confirm if he was Mr Hill but tried to avoid doing so. This led to the event's stand-out line from the Sheriff: "Do you not know who you are?" The sheriff again warned Mr Hill that if he didn't stop monkeying about then he'd pass the matter to the PF who would likely ask for an arrest warrant. He would then grant it. When Mr Hill responded that he was Stewart of Hill, Sovereign... , the Sheriff did as he'd intimated and Mr Hill was handcuffed and led down. Interesting stuff.

No info on the next appearance other than that it may be either today or tomorrow (I'd guess not today).