It's telling that the RSPB had a chance to show something really exciting and "unknown" (shows how much attention some people actually pay to the inherent violence of nature) but have decided to edit it out as "distressing".

Distressing to who? Do they expect a big audience of Tammie Noorie chicks for the clips?

The seals thread is a good example of what I mentioned and ewenuts excellently elabourated on. I'd guess a substantial amount of the people who get up in arms about the killing of seals wouldn't think twice of diggling on a forkytail or skeeting some fly spray..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Personnally I get a bit of tissue, and squash them with it.

Any other creepie crawly I chase out the house somehow, but these little critters get everywhere and they are nasty looking, i even found one crawling about on the inside of the toilet last night.

They are everywhere just now, I have never seen so many in my house, yes I get some every year, but its nearly a cheesy horror movie script here.

Guest Anonymous

my hoose is aimin wi the beggers, tink jeyes fluid aboot the window openers and door neuks kinda pits them aff but nothin seems to keep dem oot, am never heard o wan goin in a lug aboot here an although i dunna like them they seem to creep aboot kinda hermlessly , hed a lok worse in da hoose i can assure you

• 1 year later...

[*** Mod edit - threads merged ***]

I have had loads of earwigs all over the garden, in the greenhouse and in the polytunnel this year. Everytime I open the compost bins, there are always loads of them in there as well.

I don't recall seeing more than the odd one or two in previous year and this is almost a plague of them in comparison.

Have others been seeing loads of them in their garden etc as well this summer? How does one get rid of them?

If they are in the compost bins, leave them there. They eat all sorts including some pests. Scoop them up and throw them out side if there are that many, the birds will get them, or put them in the composter, I think you will need quite a few to do damage

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RPS679wXewI/TEmyLBD5x9I/AAAAAAAAEss/IpxnrdVm4Y0/s320/earwig.jpg