Health and Well-being

Keedle

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride a bike to work and back, what ever the weather. I have also stopped smoking, will be 3 years this summer.

Trying to eat healthier is the next bigun, though we do better than some.

We have to grow more of our own food, cannot keep maintaining the shopkeepers profits or continue to ingest the chemicals.

Well done on the stopping smoking SP. I gave up for 8 years, till I met my smoking husband. Gave up again a few months ago and I hope for the last time!

Good food and exercise are very important but so is lowering your expectations. Too many people get caught up in the advertisers mill and spend their whole lives chasing the unatainable....Happiness through consumption.

Also I would say good company is very important :D :D

• 5 months later...

Great idea to open this thread. I advocate the raising of the head end of the bed by 4 inches for 2 months increasing to 6 inches thereafter... Some people go to 8 inches in the end.

Many people have had chronic illnesses reverse using this simple technique, arthritis being one of them, lowering blood pressure, relief of night time urination etc...

I mentioned it to a person who tried it and he no longer has to get up several times in the night to pee, he feels much better for it all round.

I have been sleeping this way for two years, I sleep like log, but not just getting a goodnight sleep, I feel very refreshed.

Link here to more info

http://justmusing.org.uk/?page_id=146

The great thing about it: not consuming medication, it's cheap to install/build.

Great idea to open this thread. I advocate the raising of the head end of the bed by 4 inches for 2 months increasing to 6 inches thereafter... Some people go to 8 inches in the end.

Many people have had chronic illnesses reverse using this simple technique, arthritis being one of them, lowering blood pressure, relief of night time urination etc...

I mentioned it to a person who tried it and he no longer has to get up several times in the night to pee, he feels much better for it all round.

I have been sleeping this way for two years, I sleep like log, but not just getting a goodnight sleep, I feel very refreshed.

Link here to more info

http://justmusing.org.uk/?page_id=146

The great thing about it: not consuming medication, it's cheap to install/build.

With that kind of slope on the bed, you'd need to lie still all night, or you'd wake up on the floor at the foot of it in the morning. Gravity has that effect. :?

• 3 months later...

You could try ballroom dancing in Islesburgh on Wednesday evenings or in the Scalloway Boating Club on Monday evenings. What kind of dance were you thinking? There is also an adult ballet stretch and tone class in Islesburgh on Wednesday evening and I do believe there is someone teaching Zumba classes somewhere in Shetland.

I'm definitely gonna give this a go. I injured my ribs earlier in the year and for few weeks could only get comfortable to sleep sitting up, yet I was sure I felt more refreshed despite being (obviously) sore.

Great thread. Any little tip that improves wellbeing is a gem.