Israel vs. Middle Eastern Arab states

For an alternative view http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage might be worth a look.

Al Jazeera is an excellent news agency. Not the mouthpiece of Muslim terrorists as it is sometimes made out to be in the West

Just noticed that Sky have stuck english aljazeera onto our box, channel 514 I think. I was impressed with the couple of reports I saw, professional, informative and objective.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Cheers Peter - and people wonder why Arabs are pissed off!!!?!?!! 8O 8O 8O

I know, the Jews went and nicked all their land too!!!?!?!! 8O 8O 8O

http://engineblockers.googlepages.com/Map_ArabWorld2.jpg/Map_ArabWorld2-full.jpg

Arabs are angry because Jews are thieves!!!?!?!! 8O 8O 8O

...and the Danes drew a cartoon

http://engineblockers.googlepages.com/cartoons1.jpg/cartoons1-full.jpg

Arabs are angry because of satirical expression!!!?!?!! 8O 8O 8O

Tomorrow its supposed to rain....

...JIHAD!

and people wonder why Arabs are pissed off!!!?!?!! 8O 8O 8O

Personally, I try to avoid such generalisation as "Arabs", etc. After all, Iran, and Iraq, for example, are where the Aryan ethnic group originated, and Iraq is still (to my knowledge, linited and flawed though it may be) counted as being the only non-Arabic country in the Middle East, in that the majority of it's citizens appear to originate from the Aryan genetic branch. (On a somewhat unrelated note, I once read that Alexander was dark haired and skinned, originating from Macedonia as he did - not Greece - whereas the sons of the House of Xerxes, whom he faced in battle for world power, were hereditarily tall and fair haired. In fact, the same article stated that the Royal line of Xerxes were famed for being close to 7 feet in height! Does anyone know if this is indeed true, or is it just so much claptrap? :?: )

As to Arabs being free, educated, etc, the pedant in me must point out that some of the nation races around at that time most certainly were (although the neighbouring races they conquered and enslaved were not so lucky!). Sumeria is seen as the birthplace of all modern civilisation, providing our reading, writing, mathematics, farming, etc. However, at the same time, there were also millions of people throughout the vast region that is now known as the Middle East who were nomadic, living spartan lifestyles, with little or no formal education, etc. Just as the Picts appear to have had a formal culture at the same time as other races were still living in mud huts and caves in Britain. To portray them as or suggest they were - every single one - free, highly educated and sophisticated, seems to be a suggestion of some Utopia that I had hereftofore not been aware had existed prior to today.

The pedantry is over. My humblest apologies to all. :)

I do, however, wholeheartedly agree that the West and the British Empire must accept our fair share of the historical blame for our ancestors' colonial exploits along with our European cousins/rivals. In their mad dash for expansionism and world domination, they shattered cultures, destroyed empires, slaughtered those "savages" who dared stand against them for their freedom and generally acted like the savages they claimed to be "civilising", for God (ours) Queen (ours) and Country (theirs!). In doing so, they removed any force or influence that could stand against them, such as previous rulers, their families, or any other "troublemaking chappies" capable of causing them problems in their governance and stripping of their vassals' country's resources and peoples. As a result, our forebears created vacuums and exacerbated often ancient conflicts that eventually festered and exploded, unrestricted and uncontrolled, in almost every corner of their withering Empire, when it suited them to withdraw their "Empirical benevolence".

Cast stones at America all you want, they are however following a long standing tradition of "He who is strongest, decides who play with his toys". Apologies for appearing to make light of a deadly serious situation, that is most definitely not my intention.

Your servant.

I wrote. "Arabs were free,educated and sophisticated when Brits were painting themselves with woad."

From this you deduce that I am implying that ALL residents of the Middle East are Arabs. Wrong.

You also deduce that I am Implying that All Arabs are free,educated etc. Wrong.

You also suggest that all nomadic tribes receive no formal education. Wrong.

That bit of pedantry over, I agree with the rest of your posting.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Just a little historical note, -

Iran, one of todays extremist bugbears (according to Bush and Blair anyway) actually was a secular democracy in the 50's until that government was overthrown in a plot hatched by the CIA and MI6 and the Shah was installed, presumably because the secular democracy was a little wishy-washy in their attitude towards the Soviets.

He who sows the wind, shall reap the whirlwind... :twisted:

Actually, the Shah (Mohammed Pahlavi) had previously been installed by Britain and the Allies as they felt he was more susceptible to their influence and control than his father, who had been Shah before him. He was pretty much a figurehead and head of state in name only, much as our own monarch. Pahlavi then became an autocrat and took power away from the first democratically elected government in his so called "White Revolution". It was actually British intelligence who formulated the whole operation, approaching first Truman (who declined), then Eisenhower (who agreed) with their plan, having convinced the US that the Prime Minister was a Communist sympathiser (which, apparently, could not have been further from the truth, although - purely by coincidence, I am sure - he had nationalised the company that later became BP, thereby upsetting the major interests!). America provided the local "muscle" and foot soldiers, but it was the Brits wot really done it. :wink: For shame.

That same White Revolution led to the exile or diappearance of many who disagreed or spoke out. Khomeini was one of those exiled.

Oops, more pedantry!

• 5 months later...
Does anyone in the world care?

Don't be ridiculous, it doesn't count if its not being done by the Joooooz :evil:

To anyone that takes umbrage with my sarcasm, I would urge you to watch this video, it speaks (as part of bigger "moral inversion" picture) of the UN Human Rights Council essentially ignoring the murder of 130 Palestinians by Palestinians, but when one third of that number are killed by Israel "special sessions" are arranged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzkou8kAxnI

For an alternative view http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage might be worth a look.

Al Jazeera is an excellent news agency. Not the mouthpiece of Muslim terrorists as it is sometimes made out to be in the West

I heard Al Jazeera were thinking about introducing an interactive digital service but were afraid of losing most of their viewers when 'press the red button' appeared on the screen.

//I'll get me coat//

I heard Al Jazeera were thinking about introducing an interactive digital service but were afraid of losing most of their viewers when 'press the red button' appeared on the screen.

I don't think jokes like this should be acceptable in this forum. I really can't see any reason why anti-Muslim jokes are acceptable but other bigoted or racist comments are not tolerated.