Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy

trout

saxa vord was targeted by russia

from russian targeting from 1967

Air Defence

Control centres – Bentley Priory, West Drayton.

Fighter bases - Coltishall, Leuchars, Wattisham, Binbrook.

Surface-to-air missile sites – Woodhall Spa, North Coates, West Raynham.

Radar sites – Fylingdales, Boulmer, Patrington, Bawdsey, Neatishead, Buchan, Saxa Vord, Staxton Wold, Feltwell.

ref

TOP SECRET

JOINT INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE 1967 REVIEW

Annex A to COS 1929/2/11/67

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&lat[]=60.81402741628642&lng[]=-0.8106851953125442&kt[]=500&lat[]=60.81402741628642&lng[]=-0.8106851953125442&kt[]=500&lat[]=60.81402741628642&lng[]=-0.8106851953125442&kt[]=500&zm=9

results of a typical 500kt bomb. unst would be toast but your safe unlink.

I am very very angry tonight. I live in the area affected and went to all Viking energy meetings and was also at the Bixter Hall when they tried to persuade us crofters how much money we were going to get if we would agree to this scheme. No Viking energy people there, no counsillers there, in fact no Shetlanders there except us who were going to be affected by it. There were lawyers from Edinburgh, Glasgow etc and South people representing birds, crofting etc . They all quoted figures of great profit which we argued was false knowing the area and local facts including the price of interconnector cable. It was a written exercise in the hope we would be dumb enough to believe what they said. I looked up the Edinburgh lawyers on internet before I went and they were known as the most crooked lawyers in Scotland, and one of their partners had been in prison for corruption which I let them know I knew.

I find it disgusting that other Shetland people can agree with this when it is going to affect our lives so much here. There are plenty of jobs around in Shetland at the moment . I know lots of employers trying to get workers and getting no replies as there is so much work in Sullom. I could never push for this for another area of Shetland or any other scheme that would be to the detriment of the area and the people living there.

I am very very angry tonight. I live in the area affected and went to all Viking energy meetings and was also at the Bixter Hall when they tried to persuade us crofters how much money we were going to get if we would agree to this scheme. No Viking energy people there, no counsillers there, in fact no Shetlanders there except us who were going to be affected by it. There were lawyers from Edinburgh, Glasgow etc and South people representing birds, crofting etc . They all quoted figures of great profit which we argued was false knowing the area and local facts including the price of interconnector cable. It was a written exercise in the hope we would be dumb enough to believe what they said. I looked up the Edinburgh lawyers on internet before I went and they were known as the most crooked lawyers in Scotland, and one of their partners had been in prison for corruption which I let them know I knew.

I find it disgusting that other Shetland people can agree with this when it is going to affect our lives so much here. There are plenty of jobs around in Shetland at the moment . I know lots of employers trying to get workers and getting no replies as there is so much work in Sullom. I could never push for this for another area of Shetland or any other scheme that would be to the detriment of the area and the people living there.

be careful what you write you really don't want them coming after you for slander. shetlink won't shelter you. were was this meeting published never heard of it.

Why do you accuse me of slander. Maybe you should find out more about the things you write about from both sides before you judge people. All crofters in the area concerned were invited by letter to attend, which most of us duly did. Unless you were a crofter in the area you would not have been asked. I will not be replying again as I see that there is no use speaking the truth to people who do not want to hear it.

I looked up the Edinburgh lawyers on internet before I went and they were known as the most crooked lawyers in Scotland

Sorry your feeling huffy i was mistaken its libel

libel 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation,

On the subject of transmission charges:

As I understand it the current system of transmission charges was set up decades ago, long before climate change and renewable energy was even on the governments radar. The way it was set up was intended to prevent generators locating their stations way out in the sticks, miles away from the cities.

Thus, the charges bear no relation to the actual cost of transmitting electricity. (In fact some power stations close to cities actually get subsidised instead of charged for their electricity.)

Now it turns out that the sticks is the best place to put renewables due to superior wind, wave and tidal resources. This means the current system of charges is not fit for purpose.

Of course, the government, which is nothing if not corrupt, has avoided reforming this system due to resistance from the fossil fuel lobby who are a major source of campaign funding and of cushy part-time boardroom jobs for ex-ministers.

Unfortunately, with the tories in power, I don't see much chance of significant reform taking place, at least not from Westminster. After all, it's ministers retirement plans we're talking about here.

Maybe we'll just have to rely on Wee Eck and the Nats. :twisted:

Why do you accuse me of slander. Maybe you should find out more about the things you write about from both sides before you judge people. All crofters in the area concerned were invited by letter to attend, which most of us duly did. Unless you were a crofter in the area you would not have been asked. I will not be replying again as I see that there is no use speaking the truth to people who do not want to hear it.

Seems you do not have the support you expected. I am surprised that no one from the South end came along, they have been most vocal on here.

Ah well.

On the subject of transmission charges:

As I understand it the current system of transmission charges was set up decades ago, long before climate change and renewable energy was even on the governments radar. The way it was set up was intended to prevent generators locating their stations way out in the sticks, miles away from the cities.

Thus, the charges bear no relation to the actual cost of transmitting electricity.

That is not in dispute, but the charges are what they are - currently, as things stand, Viking Energy is not viable. This is in stark contrast to the millions of pounds of profit they were promising just last year when the charges were the same as they are now. What has changed?

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/6787-viking-energy-not-viable-says-chairman

• admin changed the title to Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy