iPhone

Njugle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the iPhone, the HTC Hero is a much better phone altogether.

Not sure about the Android thing. I might just break my Nokia run and pick up a Satio. The cameras on the sonys are always better (the satio's 12.1) and really looking forward to getting my hands on a 5th series phone, after being stuck on this old 3rd for soo long.

Forget the iPhone, the HTC Hero is a much better phone altogether.

Agreed. I love my HTC Hero.

Cheaper contract the Iphone.

Unlocked as standard.

Better camera.

Android is more open, background apps. Therefore you can listen to Spotify and reply to texts, browse the web, etc.

Having used both, I wouldn't switch from the Hero to the IPhone ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i see from vodafones website that they will be getting the iphone soon. Will certainly be up for consideration at renewal time and the storm may end up in a teacup :-P

Why on Earth you would buy an iPhone on anything but o2 in Shetland is beyond me. It's the only company that has actually put 3G anywhere and it's pretty important when you're not sat at a WiFi hotspot.

• 3 months later...

The Pwn2Own hacking contest has been and gone once again. The iphone didn't do very well (again):

This week, a pair of gentlemen lured an unsuspecting virgin iPhone to a malicious website and -- with no other input from the user -- stole the phone's entire database of sent, received and even deleted text messages in under 20 seconds, boasting that they could easily lift personal contacts, emails and your naughty, naughty photos as well.

:roll:

The Pwn2Own hacking contest has been and gone once again. The iphone didn't do very well (again):
This week, a pair of gentlemen lured an unsuspecting virgin iPhone to a malicious website and -- with no other input from the user -- stole the phone's entire database of sent, received and even deleted text messages in under 20 seconds, boasting that they could easily lift personal contacts, emails and your naughty, naughty photos as well.

:roll:

You mean iPhone OS isn't highly secure? What? Really? Never would have thought of that.

Its been months since I've posted in this thread and I'm currently a very happy owner of a Google Nexus One. Open Source mobile phones are awesome. You don't like a default app? Rip it out. Don't like a feature? Turn it off. Want something integrated? Grab an app for it on the market.

It's not all roses, there's some inconsistencies here and there. But man Android is real breath of fresh air from that insane, stupid locked down phone and OS. The Apple ethos drives me insane. I don't mind some of the products. iMac's are cool for people who want a simple computer. But their excuses for not putting flash on iPhone and iPad is pitiful. Flash is coming to Web OS and Android within the next few months and should perform great on my Nexus.

*Awaits comments from Roachmill* :lol:

Comment: You think the majority of iphone owners care? They're too busy doing things the apple way to notice.

Android, WebOS (FTW!), Symbian and WinMo all offer alternative, and better, ways of doing things compared to apple. The iphone does things one way which is a lot easier for people to get to grips with though. When the iphone can't do something... it doesn't need to (according to apple and the iphone bores). It's still an upcoming player so go figure about your average consumer and their understanding of gadgets :wink:. The march of apple continues :?