2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Penfold

I was told on Friday night that John Johnson was sacked - I now know that not to be true. For that I appologise for asking people like you Penfold if it was true or not. However,there are a number of people who attend the meetings and discussions do follow. I was told that Magnus Flaws never congratulated John on the victory over Deveronvale, but instead gave the manager a severe dressing down for his comments in the paper. John Jamieson backed Magnus in the argument.

John replied by telling Magnus that he was angry that the association agreed at the June meeting to sell programmes and would arrange for a collection. This did not happen and the fact no one at the association provided any help for the game was a bloody disgrace and that he will not be gagged.

Believe me John nearly resigned as manager in February, but was talked out of it after a major row broke out after Magnus gave John his views on training and when to pick his squad. John was outraged by Magnus's interferance.

There is crearly a major rift between them and I know John will not put up with it.

I am led to believe that this could be Yell's last season within the SFA. Burra one year, Yell perhaps to follow. When will the SFA learn that they should be promoting participation in football, rather than concentrating on the 'elite' band of players???

And having seen Burra play last year and Yell this it is quite clear that there are players playing for them that are not up to the standard of that football. They are just there to get 11 players on the field.

How many of the Burra players last year are now playing football, how many have just called it a day - quite a few I believe.

How many of the Burra players last year are now playing football, how many have just called it a day - quite a few I believe.

I think if I remember correctly that the players below played last year for BUrra?

Liam Smith Ness United

Kyle Malcolmson Ness United

Kevin Smith Ness United

Russell Gair Thistle

Adam Johnson? Thistle

John Brian Adamson Scalloway

Shane Groat Scalloway

Laurence Pearson Whalsay

Stuart Hall Spurs, tho he did move through last season I believe.

Ian Hannah Titans

Its a sad state of affairs when the association couldn't be bothered to put together a programme for the game against Deveronvale, they do it for the inter-county dont they?

I dunno if anyone else has been watching this with interest but I believe when I sit my self down at Fort William on the 9th of August that they may field a bunch of ringers.

http://www.lochaber-news.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/2660/American_Idol.html

I think if I remember correctly that the players below played last year for BUrra?

Liam Smith Ness United

Kyle Malcolmson Ness United

Kevin Smith Ness United

Russell Gair Thistle

Adam Johnson? Thistle

John Brian Adamson Scalloway

Shane Groat Scalloway

Laurence Pearson Whalsay

Stuart Hall Spurs, tho he did move through last season I believe.

Ian Hannah Titans

That's 9 or 10 that are still playing so probably you can assume the same number are now no longer playing fitba assuming a squad of 20 (which is maybe conservative)