Fuel Prices

mr_brain

They give those 5p off vouchers at Tescos here but it seems to only make it feel worse. Goodness knows why they can't stop them being printed here.

i was happy to get 5p voucher used it when in glasgow other times post to family so thet can use it

i'm sure not the only one doing this

Yip, read yon and couldna believe that it costs so little to bring fuel up here. It just shows how much we are being ripped off!!

When the price of oil was going up, the fuel prices were changing weekly, but despite the fact fuel prices have dropped the price at the pumps remain at the all time high. I wonder how long it will take for them to drop in Shetland, if they ever do.

As I've said before the suppliers should hang thier heads in shame.

Either the SIC, the Charitable Trust or, if they can't be bothered, the public should hire their own tanker to bring the fuel up. Set up a Shetland Transport owned by the population. Those that provide backing get greater discount but at least the monopoly is broken. Competition is the only way to prevent us being constantly screwed by the transport companies.

it may of been mentioned afore but this total lot are bringing LPG ashore the P stands for petrolium... its our councilors letting us down AGAIN . i have been told that it only takes a building the size of a two bed house to distil it ....it could of easily been asked for in the deal but no what doesn't get used in their power station gets flaired....

• 3 weeks later...

Or better still, bring down government taxes - compare the difference between fuel taxation here against the percentage paid in tax on fuel in the U.S.

Perhaps some justification, as opposed to lies, from the government?

But then again, we can only hope!!!

it may of been mentioned afore but this total lot are bringing LPG ashore the P stands for petrolium... its our councilors letting us down AGAIN . i have been told that it only takes a building the size of a two bed house to distil it ....it could of easily been asked for in the deal but no what doesn't get used in their power station gets flaired....

It's flared not flaired - and no they won't be flaring any LPG, things have moved on somewhat from the 1970's. The liquids are going over the fence to BP.

Quick google reveals the answer.

http://www.uk.total.com/activities/Laggan-TormoreProject.asp

Understand your frustration - but did the councillors even consider this as an option?

• 2 weeks later...

Brent crude fell by more than $6.50 to $107 and US sweet, light crude fell by $4.70 to to $90.70 after the agency announced the plan.

The IEA says the move is in response to the disruption in supplies caused by the Libyan conflict.

fuel prices will surely come down a bit now that the price of oil has come down.....?