Millgaet gets £250,000 from trust

Salmon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

DON'T work for Millgaet - I did work for them between the months of October-February and was promised £50 a month for each instalment, and eventually got it in a lump sum in April. I think I'm one of the lucky ones - (mod edit - content removed)

I'm not even that proud of the work I did for him. :(

I found working for Millgaet to be pretty good. Worked there during the times of the start of Pictorial Post. Paid really well (should have saved more of it though) Was a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Seems better to be on the pay roll rather than paid per job.

Then i was sourced to Artmachine, now that was an awesome place to work. Miss it muchly...oh why did i move to glasgow where I aint had a Graphic Design job since. Thankfully Freelance/Running own business has its Rewards.

I wrote for Millgaet Media through the Shetland Post, Shetland Weekly and i'i Shetland and I quite enjoyed it. It was an easy £50 a month although I had to nag and nag to get my wages I eventually got them. My writing went seriously downhill due to stress and having my confidence literally knocked out of me so I gave it up, but I do wish I'd tried harder. It was a fabulous opportunity and I'd encourage anyone else wanting to get into that industry to apply for a job.

Never mind the gossip, folk always want to complain about something, it appears.

I've worked for Millgaet Media for a year now and can honestly say that i love my work. The studio at Northness is a really great environment to work in. the projects i have been involved in as a graphic designer have provided me with a varied portfolio and fantastic proffessional experience-from client to final printing process, ranging from high end european corporation to the smaller island enterprise.

We work here as a team, and unfortunately after reading some of the more childish remarks above i'm quite happy that you have chosen to move on.

Quote sassermaet "I wasn't even proud of the work i did for him" i believe that you were paid a considerable sum to edit a publishing project- we have recently reviewed the project and found the work to be well below standard.

Edit: regarding the cars parked outside, theres a 4x4 shogun which Malcolm has owned for atleast 4 years, his satelite truck for news broadcast, and one small kia which is owned by a member of staff, all other cars, bmw's, audi's etc do not belong to anyone from Millgaet Media.

i understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, i feel that the above post is a rather catty, over-personal attack on someone who is just stating their opinion; let facts speak for themselves. this man has already gone through several businesses and grant funding. with not much to show for it.

I have worked for Millgaet for since 4 years ago and continue to do so now and I have find it a great place to work, the experience I have gained in that time is invaluable, the business is small but expanding and this has led to me learning a lot of things I would never have learned working for a different company.

Regarding the public money, I think its important to realise it is not a grant, but equity funding, I have seen Malcolm work hard for over a year to secure it, and with it the council are buying into the business, have shares and receive a percentage of the companies profit, Malcolm had to also invest himself almost double the amount they did.

Craig Sim

edit: the grant funding he got previously went towards a satellite truck which continues to provide TV news coverage of the isles and as far as im aware the only other business he was involved in was the Shetland Weekly, which received no funding and Malcolm was on one of 9 (i think) directors