Annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff

People calling foula foul-la - its fooooola fools!!!!

Never heard anyone do it till today. Nearly everyone in today wanted to know about foul-la, took me a while to figure out where the first lot were talking about.

Yeah it was yesterday i was working and everyone was saying it - also i was told by an American after i helped her that i looked like i needed the exercise! :shock: How rude is that?!

I hate the middle aged women that work in clothes shops that look down on you whenever you walk in. Like they are so much better? I maybe dress a bit like a tramp cos I'm not exactly vain.

But these women have no right to try and make me feel like i shouldn't be there, Especially when the high point of their career is serving at a shop counter!!! :roll:

rant over, goodbye :wink:

I hate the middle aged women that work in clothes shops that look down on you whenever you walk in. Like they are so much better? I maybe dress a bit like a tramp cos I'm not exactly vain.

But these women have no right to try and make me feel like i shouldn't be there, Especially when the high point of their career is serving at a shop counter!!! :roll:

rant over, goodbye :wink:

Oh oh ...

maybe if you didn't look down on them ... .. :?

People who park too close to other cars making it very difficult, if not impossible, to get into your own car. Especially if they're workmen in big white vans sitting next to their coworkers in another big white van spitting up great (apparently amusing) gobs of saliva (oh, and people who spit in public!) in the space between them. I had to crawl through with a toddler to the backseat through the driver's side door of a three door car in order to get her in her car seat (very cumbersome) and then crawl back through to get myself into the passenger seat. The man sitting in the van was completely unawares - apparently more interested in his coworker's digestive tricks.

Ok, I suppose I could have said something - but I don't like to create a fuss.

Inconsiderate drivers boil my p*** as well.

This could be because I don't drive (yet), and I currently live in Glasgow, a city geared more or less towards its drivers, but I have seen a ridiculous amount who drive through red lights as if they are above the law.

The other day, my flatmate and I had been out with a friend, and were crossing the road at the crossroads on Montrose / Cathedral St (keep in mind I'm presuming a good few of you know Glasgow). When the green man finally came up we were just about to cross the road when a driver sped through the crossing without so much as a do-you-mind, despite that the two of us and others were blatantly about to cross! How f***ing rude is that?! :evil:

What made it worse was that that road is always impossibly busy even when it isn't rush hour, and the green man only comes up very occasionally, so why was waiting such a problem?! I'm wishing we'd got that car's number plate and reported the driver to the police now. People like that shouldn't be driving!

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I'm a huge fan of the Eurovision song contest, but come on! The voting system needs binning! The Ukraine gives max points to Russia; Estonia votes for Finland and Russia; Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria, etc., share out the points, and so on.

These votes have nothing to do with the music. I can usually predict about half the results every year--thankfully without having to listen to the songs.

since I have written this rant, Portugal has given 10 points to Spain, and Andorra gave them the full 12 points

I need to get out more!!!!

since my last edit Russia has got 12 points from both The Ukraine and Lithuania and are looking likely winners; need I say any more about the voting system

Do many folk still watch the Eurovision in the UK? The last time I watched it I think I was about 8 or 9, and I thought it was unbearable then!

Having said that, I did watch Katie Price AKA Jordan's attempt in the heats a few years back. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.