Police

If you want a recent list of ineffective and "bad" policing and Police officers to justify my allegations, I can do that too

Well Who are these 'Bad Cops' ?

I see the cops out and about all the time but so far i havent met an officer as described by others.

Am i just not noticing them or certain people? Wrong time of the day? Wrong Place?

:?:

Care to reveal what your other Shetlink nick is? Real-life I.D.? Real-life occupation?

Newly registered, PM'ing questions, posting questions. You're a tad too peachy keen to have names named methinks.

Life doesn't work this way buddy, join, contribute, give, and maybe in return you'll get given what you want. There's no free information service here.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I response to Ghostrider. Erm, there is a free information service here, to be blunt, but i understand your sentiments.

If people chose to name and shame any offending officers it would be constructive, but unfortunately not allowable under Shetalinks T&Cs really, it would constitute an invasion of privacy i reckon, and tend toward ares we'd rather avoid. There's always the PM service i suppose. :wink:

It's likely been said before , but what i'd love to know is where do i sign up for the advanced driving course that precludes the use of indicators, i've had some pretty advanced instruction myself and yet have never reached that level, though severla of the police drivers seem to have done it :P

Oh, and community policing begins with joining a community. Some do it well. The rewards speak for themselves. (And have been discussed elsewhere i this forum previously!)

If I'd have got the young guys name I'd let you know but he was to busy asking us all his questions. There was no time for him to tell us who he was and I think if we'd have asked something like that he'd probably charge us with something!!!!

I think if the older officer was dealing with it, we'd probably had a bleather and a bit of banter and all would be well and we'd have gone on our way happy. The young guy should've been taking note and watching how the older officer was speaking to me.

I've spoke to a couple of friends about this thread and they said that they'd heard a few folk saying theres a young policeman that a lot of people don't like (these are also folk that have never done anything wrong) and that he has an attitude problem. Not sure if its the same guy but I'll need to ask around to see if anyone has a name

iv never had much bother with the police, apart from when they are trying there best to take my privalige to drive away from me, (they havent succeeded) as said it seems to be the attituude thet gets you the ticket or night in the cells etc if your pleasent and nice to them then you are more likely to get off with a warning, but if your being a cheeky peerie slester then they arent going to treat you with much respect and are likely to do you for as much as they can just to prove a point at the end of the day they are there to do a job, and if you are being aquard it just makes it harder for them and makes them pissed aff!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

It's likely been said before , but what i'd love to know is where do i sign up for the advanced driving course that precludes the use of indicators, i've had some pretty advanced instruction myself and yet have never reached that level, though severla of the police drivers seem to have done it :P

I watched a TV program last year in which the presenters were trying to pass an advanced driving course. Can't remember which program it was.

But, one of the things they were taught was never to use indicators unless it was essential to show their intentions to another road user. eg., if there were no other road users which could benefit from your indication, what is the point. I have to admit it made a lot of sense, from a common sense point of view, such as why indicate when there are no other cars where you are maneuvering.

Perhaps many of us just use indicators because we are not aware enough of the other traffic around us, and do so out of habit.

Does anybody know what the legal requirement about indicating is, or what the highway code says??

^^^103

Signals warn and inform other road users, including pedestrians (see 'Signals to other road users'), of your intended actions. You should always

give clear signals in plenty of time, having checked it is not misleading to signal at that time

use them to advise other road users before changing course or direction, stopping or moving off

cancel them after use

make sure your signals will not confuse others. If, for instance, you want to stop after a side road, do not signal until you are passing the road. If you signal earlier it may give the impression that you intend to turn into the road. Your brake lights will warn traffic behind you that you are slowing down

use an arm signal to emphasise or reinforce your signal if necessary. Remember that signalling does not give you priority

^ No i doot it still stands. If there is no-one around then there's no need, if the nearby cars have no connection with your manoeuvre then there's no need, but the examples that prompted my comment all involve me and my manoeuvres and left me spitting feathers at their failure to reveal their intentions. A minor quibble. :wink:

If I'd have got the young guys name I'd let you know but he was to busy asking us all his questions. There was no time for him to tell us who he was and I think if we'd have asked something like that he'd probably charge us with something!!!!

Perhaps the young chap was posted here unwillingly and is trying his level best to upset the apple cart and get him back to the mainland

Perhaps the young chap was posted here unwillingly and is trying his level best to upset the apple cart and get him back to the mainland

Like Dempsey out of Dempsey and Makepeace, maybe this young buck is a Maverick cop come to clean up Dodge before being posted back to the big smoke (Inverness).