Police

"A vast proportion of these were committed in a domestic setting and, unfortunately, it's very difficult to police inside somebody's home," said Inverness area commander chief inspector Julian Innes.

Never a truer word spoken, sir, I assure you.

Would you then, sir - a Freeman of the World such as yourself - advocate that we do just that, and monitor all homes now? Or should we merely give up and get rid of all Police, because the detection rate has dropped by 2% (you neglected to mention, sir, that detections in other classes of crime were up, and that the detection rate - while fallen by 2%- was still 61% overall).

From the same publication last July:-

"According to new figures released yesterday by Northern Constabulary concerning the five major classes of crime, 1757 cases were recorded between 1st April and 30th June this year. Of these, 1075 were detected, a rate of 61.2 per cent.

For the same period last year, 1623 incidents were recorded and 952 solved, a detection rate of 58.7 per cent."

Figures rise and fall, sir, ebb and flow. To suggest that a slight rise in crime, in what is still one of the safest areas in the country to live, is reason to divest ourselves of a Police force, is wholly bizarre. I am sure that I am not the only person to believe so. :?

I am, however, gladdened that you, of all people, trust those fine fellows of the Press to report on any matter accurately, and to use as source for your claims. At least they, then, are not a corporate organ of the State, as you label the rest of us to be.

But sir, please, impart upon us your wisdom. Should we all withdraw and take up gardening, will your belief in your cause rid us overnight of crime and fear of crime? Shall we all be safe to walk the streets unmolested, day and night, doors and windows unlocked, thanks to the Freemen? May we have your constructive view of how society would function, were we to remove the Police from our midst?

I await your reply with anticipation, and remain, as always,

Your humble servant. :)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wonderful society has failed. Two thousand years of christianity.

Failed. 3000 new laws in the last few years.

http://www.europol.europa.eu/ taking over in Dover and at some channel ports. Drug imports up...............

CCTV everywhere ...........

One wonders - and many people say this - I am only wondering if crime is being allowed to rise to bring in Martial Law,

not by your own troops who are away in the unpleasentness abroad,

but European troops who will gladly fire on Englishmen and women.

SEE

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/showPage.aspx?id=261&lang=en

"Would you then, sir - a Freeman of the World such as yourself - advocate that we do just that, and monitor all homes now?"

I noted earlier, I think that just such a solution is being proposed.

CCTV in every bedroom.

Guest Anonymous

Aa dat a'd laek ta sae upö da maitir is dat:

I tocht I cud spaek a lok o sharn upö dis site, bit Loard bliss me,,,, Scotfree beats me haands doon. At least I ken dat a'm crazy. :lol: :lol:

Da Polis irna is clean is an angel's drawers. Dey widna be human if dey wir. Bit we'd be atil a far waar slestir if dey wirna doin da best dat dey cud.

A'd laek ta see Scotfree tryin ta dö da job da Polis dö. A'll warn dat he'd maest laekly mak a gritter slestir o it.

Atil me time a'm faain upö a twartree brawly guid freends dat turned oot ta wear da blue cloot, an I cam upö een wearin da blue cloot dat wisna very weel vinded tiward me whan I wis wirkin sharn ahent da wheel o a fower wheeled kert,, I joost wrat a sang aboot dat, lauched at me fölishness, an hed mair sense dan win upö his wrang side igyen.

I tink Shetlan isna ill aff wi da Polis dat's dere. Lat dem get on wi it. You dunna hae ta praise dem, you dunna hae ta scorn dem.

Dey dunna aks fur praise, dey dunna deserve scorn.

Lat be fir Lat Be.

Yun's aa.

A'm Geeng.

Da Auld Een. :wink:

Sadly, sir, your "reply" is just as I had expected. :?

I shall say no more, as - for all your words - nor have you.

Master Moderators, I am truly attempting to remain on the thread now, and so shall bow out, once again, until someone seeks debate and discussion, rather than a soapbox. :roll:

Master Rasmie,

Your words serve better than all my own grandiose verbosity to cut to the heart of this, previously somewhat convoluted, topic. You have my gratitude and admiration, sir, for capturing and expressing in several sentences what I, in numerous posts, did not.

I shall remain, as always,

Your humble servant.

(sotto voce: Now then, Watson, what's on Sky Sport? Aha! The game's afoot! :wink:)

I have just one thing to say about what I mean about this thread......

....In old Norse mythology, the TROLLS turned to stone with the first rays of sunshine....,but sadly enough, no sun reaches into the darkness of the Internet, so trolls like ScotFree will stay alive....if nothing else kills them ......

^ Indeed Oddrun. :wink:

Master Moderators, I am truly attempting to remain on the thread now, and so shall bow out, once again, until someone seeks debate and discussion, rather than a soapbox. :roll:

A valid point Shelock.

Speaking as a poster, more than a moderator, at this juncture I'd have to say Scotfree that your are succeeding in collating a vast array of disparate ills that you feel not only Scotland, the UK, but the whole world have succumbed to which is in itself a fairly common post-modern occupation.

By disenfranchising yourself from the society in which you live, you not only forego the right to change it, but also to benefit from it. If, chosen deity forbid, you were hit by a bus tomorrow, you would be bound by your own arguments to declare your independence from the NHS before any care was given. Similarly if you became homeless, hungry or suffered any other life changing event - particularly that of being a victim of crime - the same would surely apply. Such an attitude is similar to that which fuels aggression toward the emergency services when they are in the purpose of saving lives - bricks through the windows of fire engines that "represent the state".

By all rights one in pursuit of true freedom should be living in self contained harmony away from the evil conurbations of our seemingly despicable age. At one with, the only trustworthy allied force in the world, nature itself. No corporate conspiracies there, well.....thieving mice, rabbits or birds may well unwittingly portray the visage of conspiracy, bless them. :wink: Perhaps an absurd notion to us cosseted westerners, but a lifestyle still harmoniously enjoyed in much of the "free" world.

I would speculate that the free lifestyle you advocate is one of theoretical detachment from the modern world, whilst living quite fully within it, safe in the knowledge that ones home and general well being are relatively safe and protected by the culture in which one is immersed and exercising the right of free speech that this imperfect democracy provides us all.

The best way to change an organisation/conspiracy/corporation to one's own benefit and those of the people around one and the world as a whole is from within. :wink:

ScotFree :?: It sees to me an extremist is an extremist, regardless of what side of the page you seem to be continually shouting from . You have pointed out that you’re a free man well. Osama bin liner thinks the same as you it would seem. It wasn’t you that invaded the Aberdeen airport with the rest of your looney tunes this morning :?: I visited the link you provided and have not read so much piffle in years. Free :!: My backside. It is clear that your so trapped in side you r own little world that you have become a prisoner in your own head. Quit frankly if all the human race thought so small as you seem to then we would never have putt a man on the moon, in fact we would still be trying to figure out how to paint man on the cave wall and the wheel would be square and you would have to shout your slanders rubbish with Sherlock Face to face. If you want any one to believe your so called legal experience Then go to court and prove it and see if you can convince jury on your point of view. There is more chance of pigs flying I suspect you would be sent to spend the rest of you life in a nut house. But hay you would not notice anyway after all you are already there.

Thank you All, Gentlemen and Moderator/s,

You have all confirmed my beliefs about the human race,

or indeed that portion that posts on Shetlink.

Anyone who reads, with attention, the posts in this thread will see that the no doubt, hardworking, loyal, Sherlock has made errors of fact.

I expect there are some people on Shetlink who believe the world is flat and that is their right, just as their are some people on Shetlink who believe in the present system of Guvernment and "Law".

Thats OK.

In the future there will be PEACE Officers, Police,

rather than the REVENUE & POLICY Officer Police that pertain at the moment.

Best wishes and Farewell Shetlinkers and Sherlock.

XXX

More crime does not necessarily mean a rise in crime. It can mean that more crime is being detected rather than the quantity actually increasing.

Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that more crime is being reported. Statistics are strange things and can be twisted to make the meanings of those statistics somewhat different. There is also the danger that a police force under pressure to "improve" a detection rate will throw resources into "solving" relatively minor crimes and indeed making arrests for offences they might have ignored without this pressure.

To return to the matter which first inveigled me into this thread...

Master Lookin,

Do not hide behind another's words, sir. Stand forward and acquit yourself, else, I fear, your own silence on the matter shall determine you (at least in my eyes). Do not waffle on vague and nebulous claims of "Police state" and "bully boy" tactics, sir. Were we truly in such a state, I would but have to press a button and know your name, address, income and shoe size (a 9? Merely a light-hearted guess, I assure you! :wink:).

Ill send you the names of the officers, i'll PM them as i said a good while ago.

"Were we truly in such a state" How about GCHQ and the £12billion plowed into that to monitor every phone call, email, fax, text message. The RFID they are trying to put in almost everything. Including farm animals!!!! Chickens for "gods" sake. The RFID readers will be in shops, pubs, swimming pools...everywhere. CCTV in classrooms! Not allowed to photograph police officers??

We have reached that state you claim not to exist. Those in charge need the riots that will be happening all over europe this year to basically enforce a marshal law. EU police, will have overpowering jurisdiction on any matter. They won't/don't even need warrants!