Police

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to say what you were going to do about it.......how iconic

I'm powerless to do anything about it, I could shout from the roof tops all day long, but it will not help, as you can see any sort of meaningful protest nowadays will get you locked up, beaten or even killed. I cant defend myself against acts of unjust aggression by the state, they hold all the tazars, guns and clubs. The only glimmer of chance we get to change the system is at the ballot box.

What are your feelings about those British officers who have died in the line of duty......tis all so -ve..

Members of my own family have died trying to protect this country from invasion, so we could all have the freedom to live in peace, shame our own government/police force is gradually dismantling this right before our very eyes. ho hum.

I just been asked by an elderly neighbour, if there was a phone number for reporting drunk or illegal drivers in Shetland. I suggested crime stoppers or one of the police station. I was then asked if there is a Shetland number that was anonymous. I had to admit I had no Idea. So is there one? and if so what is it so I can pass it on.

Hi

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this at the airport or ferry and what are your opinions about their approach.

me and my boyfriend were getting off the south ferry. We were waiting on our lift and a police van with 2 men, pulled up just in front of us and came out and started questioning us. They wanted our name, phone number, address, date of birth, occupation. They also started asking us why we were in Shetland and so on. There was no explanation for why they wanted this but we had to give them it

It doesn't bother me about getting those details if it was to help out but the guy that was doing most of the talking had mega attitude and was on a total power trip. He was the younger of the two, the older officer was dealing with me and more friendlier. They basically made us feel like a pair of criminals or drug dealers and we'd done nothing wrong. They could've just said, we're trying to crack down on drugs up here can we have your details.

They then drove about 50 yards or so up the road and it looked like they may have been radioing in our details then after a few mins of sitting they drove off. My boyfriend said to me they probably thought we were taking in drugs or something.

I'm not annoyed about them questioning me as i've got nothing to hide and never done drugs in my life or anything bad. What annoyed me was the fact that we were treated like a pair of crooks. I would rather they searched our bags or got the sniffer dogs out (or even given them a urine sample!!!!) to prove to them that they were wasting there time.

The thing is if they were looking for drugs all we'd probably need to do is ask a few people and could probably come up with a list of names for the police as shetland is a small place and i'm sure that information would be easy available so why do the police waste time on folk like us when they probably have a good idea of who the local baddies are?

My fella was shopping in Lerwick the other day minding his own business and a poilce van drew up in the street and a police fficer jumped out and said 'oi , you..here' , fella looks over his shoulder thinking he was speaking to someone else but not..then proceeded to question him , asking him his name , what he was doing here! ( well shopping duh! ) and once he had got all the answers he wanted he walked off without so much as a thank you , kiss mah ass or anything , leaving my fella completley embarrassed with people in the street eyeing him as if he were a criminal and hes never had any dealings with the police in his life , this is shabby behaviour to say the least.

Also recently had an incident where two police turned up at my door questioning my 14 yr old son over something he hadn't done , one office was nic4e and listened to him the other treated EVERYTHING he said as a lie and was just plain rude, of course because he didn't do it , they eventually found the real culprit , but did we ever get a call to let us know , a sorry for being so damn rude , not a bit of it ..grrrrr

Where as I know the majority of police officers do a fantastic job I am convinced there are a percentage that get a power kick out of the uniform.

Thanks Ghostrider I do agree with you

All though I can see why the one for drink driving was for some use. It still could be abused by some ex partners or a vindictive neighbour just to stir the stick in the poop bucket.

It’s just I was asked and I said I would ask around.

They are to old to start with the Internet for them selves.

So I Googled it and kept being directed to the Northern Constabulary website which was no help what so ever

• 1 month later...

Is the Lerwick station number still 692110?

I phoned this number a few weeks ago as I was concerned for a drunk kids safety. ( young guy around 13 or 14 years old, could hardly walk)

Phone rang for around 2 minutes before being answered. When the call was answered I explained the problem although the lady I was speaking to didnt recognise the street names or landmarks I was giving her.

Around 2 minutes later she realised I was in Lerwick and I realised that she was in Wick police station.

It didn't warrant a 999 call and the local police did respond quickly when the message was passed to them.

I was left thinking though, Is there a different direct dial number for the Lerwick station?

These so-called police men/woman are no longer that. They are policy enforcement officers. They do not care about the law anymore. They have there own private quotas to achieve. They are being NLP'd to the hilt. They are not being trained to protect the community anymore. They are trained to persecute the community and hate and fear us. Sub-consiously being tricked into viewing us as cattle with no feelings or freedoms.

They will be the ones there arresting you for objecting to your children being vaccinated once it becomes madatory at the end of this year. They will be the ones to beat you down when the shody Authority of this government is questioned.

Once there oath is taken away and the EU directives are fully implemented, 'god' help us all. Warrantless searches (already happening), indefinate detainment(without trial, in any EU country of their choosing), when this Lisbon treaty is bulldozed through(and it will be bulldozed through) expect the worst.

EU Directive - Illegal to question the EU !!!! look it up

Is the Lerwick station number still 692110?

I phoned this number a few weeks ago as I was concerned for a drunk kids safety. ( young guy around 13 or 14 years old, could hardly walk)

Phone rang for around 2 minutes before being answered. When the call was answered I explained the problem although the lady I was speaking to didnt recognise the street names or landmarks I was giving her.

Around 2 minutes later she realised I was in Lerwick and I realised that she was in Wick police station.

It didn't warrant a 999 call and the local police did respond quickly when the message was passed to them.

I was left thinking though, Is there a different direct dial number for the Lerwick station?

I dialed 692110 a couple of weeks ago about an alarm that was going off following the recent power cut and got a local person. I suspect that the police will have a system that diverts an unanswered call to another number, rather than have the caller hanging on for ages when the person at the other end is otherwise engaged.

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2009/August/news/In%20brief%20%E2%80%93%2021%20August,%202009.htm

http://www.northern.police.uk/Default.aspx.LocID-0axnew0z7.RefLocID-0ax004001.Lang-EN.htm

Fun with the force.. :)

I mind years ago der used to be an emergency services demo at an open day at the gud old clickimin...

Dis soonds very similar.. might be worth a look.[/url]