Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they not any others that would want the job? this would be the perfect time for any manager to take over shetland with the amount of young talent we have!

With just under 2 years to build a team and squad for the next island games any manager should be looking to get some young blood into the squad now so that they are ready for the games!!

The current constitution does not have any of the rules quoted by either Muckletrow or Kirsty, it is currently up for review and an ammended document has been submitted to the Association secretary to be sent out to the Committee and member clubs for their perusal and comments at the November general meeting.

I asked a while back the following questions.

The county manager 2 year appointment and stipulations were voted on and agreed at the November a.g.m. of 1995.

1. When was it changed?

2. Who proposed change?

I have not been at any a.g.m.s since 1999 - so I cannot comment on proposals since. It will be in the a.g.m. minutes.

John Jamieson should laekly be given another year at least. But if he jacks it in would maybe John Christie and Aly Graham be intrested in applying. They seem to be doin a helluva good job with the junior team. A pal of mine saw one of the matches their team won in a central Scotland tournament. Fine players and good organisation.

Surely appointing Derek Bradley or John Johnston would be a backward step.

Muckletrow an Kirsty if you are suggesting dat dir is a divide in the shetland team due to manager an delting players you are speaking S**T!

For da last 5-6 yrs the bulk of the squad is been made up off delting players including the island games winning year and dey didna seem tae be many delting cliques den.

The biggest problem is noo dir no enough good players in the shetland league dat ir interested in playing for Shetland ootside the 1st 12-13 players. END OF STORY>

Muckletrow an Kirsty if you are suggesting dat dir is a divide in the shetland team due to manager an delting players you are speaking S**T!

For da last 5-6 yrs the bulk of the squad is been made up off delting players including the island games winning year and dey didna seem tae be many delting cliques den.

The biggest problem is noo dir no enough good players in the shetland league dat ir interested in playing for Shetland ootside the 1st 12-13 players. END OF STORY>

Well Roadrunner, if you believe that rant you are either one of the Delting clique or blind. Just ask any county player from Celtic, Spurs or Whalsay, you may get a different outlook on things.

I wasn't aware of any cleeks in the Sheltand team. I went to the match against Fort William last year and the squad seemed very harmonius. Maybe Flawsy, who has been around for a few years now, either as a Delting player or non-Delting player, can either confirm or deny this.

What there does seem to be though is an insatable desire to get rid of whoever is the manager, ie Bradley, Bristow, Johnston and now Jamieson. No wonder there isn't a queue of folk wanting it!! :cry:

fraser hall.... END OF STORY

Well muckletrow i am not one of da clique and have spoken to plenty of celtic, spurs an whalsay boys and never heard o any cliques. You always get pals from the same team hanging together but dunna see a problem we dat. I seen some members of da shetland fitba team oot on sat night an it wis a very mixed squad.

you cant blame fraser hall for a clike although i do get were your coming from,(Delting player) but can you blame the lad for playing,would anybody given the chance to play for shetland turn it down if they are a real football man. and what could he say when asked no i think so and so is better than me wasnt his job to do.

It sounds to me that the clike is more like the other way round.

The Delting players that are in the team have been there for years and there was never a problem with them mixing before.

Maybe its Fringe players or strong characters trying to stir things up because they are not getting a game or there way.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I’ve said how i feel on the management side before so i think we should just leave them to get on with things.

So far they are moving things along as they took the team to the Island games which would not have happened if it weren’t for the manager.

The other managers mentioned have had there go and i seem to recall grumblings about them at the time as well.

There were even grumblings about the county team going to the mainland to play after a county game and look what that manager at the time did for Shetland football.

You can’t please all of the people all of the time so let him get on with it and judge him a few years down the line.

Sorry Marshal,but this has been going on for some time now. The previous management were aware of it but did nothing. Many players were extremely frustrated at the recent Island games as the Delting players just did not mix with the rest of the squad and with their manager also in charge the other players are feeling more and more isolated.

I should state that I have been in squads over the last 2-3 years, so I should know what I'm on about.