Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Never had it entered my head to go to the Scalloway hotel for a meal but other half said it was highly recommended,,,

Well heres another one food,, what can I say absolutely fantastic I had the queen scallops on a rocket salad followed by steak with the trimmings and finished on the sticky toffee all of which I have to say were cooked to perfection and could not fault a single thing.

OH had soup of the day pork something and sticky toffee now she is a fussy sausage at the best o times and for her to clear her plate we each course was amazin, all in outstanding.

Friendly fast staff excellant food you didnt have to wait half an hour for between courses and we would both go back for the homemade sticky toffee pud anytime it was delicious.

So if you know whoever is cooking their now pat on the back from me and keep it up best food im had in shetland for a long time.

If your looking for a good meal it really is first class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say what a nice christmas meal I had at the Scalloway Hotel on monday last. Really good vegetable soup, nice turkey dinner with all the trimmings and veg not boilled to sludge but nicely al dente, followed by a brandy laced xmas pud with custard sauce. Coffee that tasted like coffee, and mince pies with delicate pastry and a tasty warmed filling. Price not too bad either and rapid service bearing in mind that there were 30 of us.

The only thing missing was a decent hand pulled real winter ale - add that and I would have been in fat bloke heaven!

Thirty of us at Queen's Hotel recently. We had sent in choices from menu well in advance. Meal booked for half past seven. The last starter hit the table at quarter past nine. The food was fine but we were all so hungry and ate so quickly that we didn't appreciate it properly. We did get a reduction on the bill after strong complaints were registered but it was woeful service.

• 3 weeks later...