Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the Chief Executive walks away with a large sum (well over and above what might be expected in a NORMAL redundancy), one will presume that some of our Elected Members and/or Paid Officials had committed some very drastic errors in their everyday dealings with him.

If he walks away with only his 'rightful due', then he was in serious breach of his remit...

Either way - No hidey, hidey's by anybody please. :mrgreen:

tie him up in solicitors for a few years. he does not have bags of money remember he owed 40k. i wonder how long his solictors would last if they knew the council were going to be bloody minded.

terminate him and take some time to find someone who realy knows council work. if we are getting shut of him no reason to delay looking for a better replacement.

If there is new evidence re the (alleged) telephone call then two other questions have to be asked...

Why has the person or persons sat on incriminating evidence and why release it now?

Something stinks in that particular woodpile!

will the police reopen their investigation after all there is ment to be a witness.

who were his witnesses that said that he was innocent. is that not perverting the course of justice. funny how sandy has changed his ideas. but a very good idea importing a safe person in for a year.

^^ I too find it somewhat astonishing that a council employee seemingly kept quiet during the investigation into the notorious phone call, but is now able to drop Mr Clark in the sh***. :o

Also extraordinary, if true, that the council will appoint for a year an interim CE from Cosla. This indicates that the councillors have no confidence in the unsuccessful candidates for CE.

...Unless the councillors have been told that an outsider is needed to sort out the current imbroglio.

Good to see they're starting to get to the real truth now.

I'd guess that the unnamed official had realised that his/her testimony was key to the council getting out of this without having to fork out more cash. And it's likely that the officials identity would've leaked out eventually.

p.s. could the Shetland Times news story have found a more unsuitable picture for the story :roll:

The ST is almost as bad as the Sun with the little bits of pointless info that have nothing to do with the 'news' i.e. Clark was in attendance at the Town Hall with his partner Judith Miller and, the coup de grace.. he was seen watching the UHA procession outside her house in St Olaf St 'brandishing a glass of red wine and a cigar.

Take that journo to the bowels of some red top office and flog him/her for headlines!!

Its when I see local media coming up with this crap I almost sympathise with Clark.

If there is new evidence re the (alleged) telephone call then two other questions have to be asked...

Why has the person or persons sat on incriminating evidence and why release it now?

Something stinks in that particular woodpile!

Now that Clark is on the way out, lower-level co-workers confidence in giving evidence is bound to have changed. Perhaps if the issue had remained internal instead of exploding over the media as it did, they may have come forward before.

All will become clear in time no doubt.

Glad to see a COSLA approved person being put in place. Referring to my previous post regarding how decisions are handled here etc - lets see how the elected members get on trying to bully them into place :D