The Politics Of You.

• 10 years later...

So our worthy Liberal MP thinks the UK looks “craven”

I would suggest if anyone looks craven it is “AC” himself.

He obviously no longer respects UK democracy  voting against the wishes of the majority of the UK citizens  in the BREXIT article 50 referendum  and now is criticising  the proposed visit of the President  of the USA who like it or lump it was chosen and elected by the American people.

Trump has spent millions of pounds in Scotland creating many jobs and is now probably in the most powerful , influential  position anyone can be so surely deserves some more respect whether we like him or not.

Can we really afford to pick and choose or top political friends as we exit Europe

Well I now know which party will not receive my vote should I even bother to vote again. The man is an idiot and no longer fit to represent the Islands.. 

Edited by Urabug

Trump has spent millions of pounds in Scotland creating many jobs and is now probably in the most powerful , influential  position anyone can be so surely deserves some more respect whether we like him or not.

I wouldn't read too much into his 'job creation' in Scotland, Urabug:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/trump-fails-to-create-promised-jobs-and-investment-in-scotland-locals-say-a6801466.html

But as a world leader, yes, we should allow him access to the UK's politicians.

Well Scorrie, we have to give him full marks for trying at least he has done something for Scotland ,more than most of us are in any position to do. Yes he has upset a few people in the doing but that is how business works.

In business one may not like many of their clients but remembering who is providing the money and helping the success of that same said business, one treats their customers with guarded respect and their thoughts to themselves.

This is where many of our eminent politicians have behaved very very badly and such behavior could have serious implications for us all if people like Trump take offence to it .

If any of us had spent millions in the states for instance and had been treated in the way Trump has, would we not be  taking our custom elsewhere.

Whether we like the President of the USA or not he may be providing the bread and butter for some of us in a roundabout way. If he pulls the plug on say certain business deals it could have serious consequences for the UK 

Best we can do is accept him for what he is with tongue in cheek. 

Best that we can do is make an effort to ensure that the rest of mankind is aware of exactly what a baloon has been voted in to look after America. Of course, he's been voted in by the baloons that live there and not the people that are wide awake but we all know what the Yanks are like.

Best that we can do is make an effort to ensure that the rest of mankind is aware of exactly what a baloon has been voted in to look after America. Of course, he's been voted in by the baloons that live there and not the people that are wide awake but we all know what the Yanks are like.

I would not call Trump a baloon,I would call him ham-fisted as he certainly has some good ideas but seems to go about things the wrong way.

If he was planeing a bit of wood it would certainly be against the grain rather than with the grain!

Bet he would not have paid a terrorist  $1,000,000 for all his faults. 

I would not call Trump a baloon,I would call him ham-fisted as he certainly has some good ideas but seems to go about things the wrong way.

If he was planeing a bit of wood it would certainly be against the grain rather than with the grain!

Bet he would not have paid a terrorist  $1,000,000 for all his faults. 

The ham-fisted amongst us are balloons.

This democracy idea just doesn't work. They should never have given votes to the great unwashed. Voting should be restricted to people of merit. e.g. people in the professions, big business people and major landowners.

However I expect there are safeguards built into the US system to take care of any reckless moves by the President. I don't think the balloon has committed any murder, genocide etc.so far. 

His main fault is that he still seems to be saying what he said prior to election. He is saying what his voters want to hear.

He may well prove  be a witless bar steward, and I cannot suffer him. But like Indyref and Brexit you have to respect the voters wishes, or start a civil war.