B&B Aberdeen

JaxandTim

If the Travelodge doesnt have any offers on (you can get rooms for £19 per night if you're lucky, and its as central as you'll get) then I look to Active Hotels now. Lets you filter by proximity and price, with the Carmelite coming out on top most of the time. Cracking place newly refurbished and very good rates.

If per person rather than per room suits you, then the guest houses on Crown St and Springbank Terrace are often good for £25 per night. Nicols being my personal reccomendation.

Travelodges are usually good but my experience of the one in Aberdeen left a lot to be desired and as I didnt book in advance (got stuck in Aberdeen) it cost me £68

On the other hand the Brentwood does special rates for Shetlanders and is very clean and friendly and central

The Caledonian used to do Shetland rates too but don't know if they still do

• 2 weeks later...

DONT go to travellodge in Aberdeen. There was blood stains all over the bathroom and sticky carpet when we stayed there. DISCUSTING! I came home with a rash all over my neck and chest!

We complained too, got nothing back not even an appology!

We were going to go somewhere else but couldnt as it was Xfactor weekend and everything was fully booked!

I'm at the Holiday Inn Express on Chapel St. Central, just off Union St. The god awful Travelodge (they warn about noise & stag parties on their website) & the Premier Travel Inn were going to be £70+ - no breakfast. This is miles better & £55 incl breakfast. Free wi-fi. (30 mins per day or pay for more. )