Shetland Football 2011

Junior Baiano

Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?

• Spurs
    • Whalsay
    • Delting
    • Celtic
    • Whitedale
    • Ness
    • Thistle
    • Scalloway

Maybe they've just bottled it.....isn't that what teams called Celtic do at the end of the season ? :wink:

I think they should change their name to Lerwick Rangers :lol:

Do you want them to change to Rangers because you fear no Glasgow version after the £55m tax bill winging its way to Ibrox soon?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scalloway 2 Whalsay 6 - what a game.

Cogratulations to Whalsay and tough luck to Celtic. Surely not long before they win the league.

Scalloway 2 - 8 Whalsay. Dougie Allen & Darren Thomson for Scalloway, Stuart Shearer 3, Erik Thomson 2, Bryan Irvine 2 and Alastair Johnson for Whalsay.

Whalsay still need a point from the return game in Whalsay on Monday night so it's not over yet!

Yip, well done Whalsay, probably one of the better years for Shetland football in more ways than one.

Tough task for the 'Bonnie Isle' boys next year going on the fact they were pushed right to the last game. If Celtic can keep there boys together and with another year of 'strength' and 'experience' in them, they might just be lifting that league title!!

Anyway, well done Whalsay!

I see the cosmos won the Work's league- I think it is such a shame to see a team such as this even participate. Once upon a time, the work's league was for guys who maybe couldn't get a game elsewhere or just wanted a game without taking it over seriously. I have watched one or two games this year and couldn't believe how many guys playing for Cosmos could have easily be playing A/B league football, kind of spoils it I think. Any thoughts?

The game locally has moved on since the works league was set up i think Acillat. The rule that you can't play players who are signed to the SFA A or B league teams does not prevent players of a high standard playing in the league it just stops them playing both Works league and SFA games in the same season.

Quite a number of Works league teams have players who could still play in both associations competitions. The only way to have a league similar to what you spoke of nowadays is to have a mechanisim where there is promotion and relegation and eventually teams will find their level whatever it will be.