Amy Winehouse - RIP

GypsyScy

Guest CyprusPluto

Very sad and I have experience of close family and far more recently friends dying, due to addiction at a young age.

Very talented young lady for whom life was just too hard.

For those of you who wish to condemn, mock or simply don't have the heart to feel sympathy - "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're an idiot , than open it and remove all doubt!"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may just need to remove " have a outlook on life"

Going on your past record

just because some people are very easily offended aint my problem.

people need to stop bubbling over things that dont effect them in the slightest. shetlink is far to sensitive in my opinion, but you cant please all the folk all the time

unlucky 1 less idiot in the world :)
Someone's daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, cousin, lover, friend and so on. And remember that her death is, so far, "unexplained". She would not be the first person who could not cope with the rich and famous life her talent led her into and she will not be the last but I think a bit of respect for her loved ones is called for.

Para Handy wrote

Dunk and Drugged her self to death. Self inflated1 Can not loose any tears over it
Even if she did die from the effects of drink and drugs (and at the moment that is "not proven") her friends and family still deserve sympathy and respect.

Well said.

Way too much cowardly sniping goes on in this forum.

REALITY CHECK FOLKS!!!!!

5 days ago a true british hero was killed fighting for our country.

Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care?

A singer addicted to drugs and alchohol dies and its all over the news, facebook and twitter in minutes!!! !

RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st battalion the rifles!

Para Handy wrote

REALITY CHECK FOLKS!!!!!

5 days ago a true british hero was killed fighting for our country.

Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care?

A singer addicted to drugs and alchohol dies and its all over the news, facebook and twitter in minutes!!! !

RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st battalion the rifles!

I did not know this and sadly the reason I did not know this is that I, probably along with the majority of people in the UK, have got so used to reports of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and other conflicts. The death of a young British pop star is, I fear, more newsworthy.

Do I care?. Personally, for the individuals concerned not all that much. I did not know them and they both made lifestyle choices that led to their death. One was brave and one was stupid but they both died. For their families yes equally. A loss is a loss no matter what the cause.

Do I care when a drink and drugged pop star makes headlines that almost equal the atrocity in Norway?. Yes!. The world has gone crazy with the "celebrity" business.

And finally do I care that Corporal Palin died fighting for "our country". Well I would if he had but did the UK not get into Afghanistan as a loyal sidekick of the USA?.

This thread/string is ... another string/theread for ... a string/thread ... victim of war thread/string ...

:roll: :roll: :roll: and :roll:

I have asked before why you insist on foisting your "string" spam on Shetlink. I completely fail to see any purpose in doing so. Just what is it supposed to achieve that the single well-understood term thread does not? Is it meant to be amusing?

Could you perhaps follow your own advice and start a thread, "string" or even a "theread," where you can indulge your addiction to the posting of such idiosyncratic pointlessness?

completely and utterly agree with you Para Handy, Tho i also agree no matter how she died, to die so young and so talented is tragic by any means.

However what i cant understand is why when someone who is famous for what ever reason, dies, all of a sudden theres a thread full of sympathy and support, Yet here in Shetland when some hard working fisherman is lost at sea or someone dies in tragic circumstances, there never seems to be a thread offering sympathy,support or prayers to their families , friends and loved ones. Why is this so, do we take it for granted that they know they're in our thoughts, do we feel awkward because its so close to home, are we afraid of upsetting them by saying the wrong thing, Ok, while these people may not sell music,or act on tv or be famous in any way, to the families who lose anyone, their chosen career isnt an issue, the issue is the loss of a much loved person, and these people deserve our thoughts,prayers and sympathy just as much, and yet sadly they dont seem to get them.