Sheep -out of field near main road

Who is God?

I love it here where any one who questions a set train of thought is always wrong. Poor dears.

Yet you still create an argument.

Crofters, active or passive?

Perhaps if the island bumpkins were to mark their flock and not come with the lame argument seen here, these threads may be non existent. More so as there seems to be a regular occurrence of live stock on the highways.

It also seems that as there is no post about the animals being apprehended, the problem still exists. Not good for the caring livestock crofter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is God?

I am! You really should know these basics already.

Besides, the sheep were there before the highway, so they have right of way. Although I will concede a few would benefit from attending a road safety course.

Oh hell; blow it, I'll type it anyway ...

Would they be paid up members of the Tufty Club then or would they learn the Green Cross Code? Hardly baas thinking about. :wink:

Loads of sheep near me and they don't have any paint markings. There are other fields which are not gated and use for hay/silage. There are currently several sheep with lambs, and I'm not sure whose they are. They are also VERY scruffy and losing their wool - perhaps from pushing through a fence? Wouldn't be much good painting them!

Anyway I don't know whose they are and I doubt very much I would ever get near enough to catch one and read the tags :)

Oh! I tell a lie, one farmers has nunbered his ewes and lambs, so they know which lamb belongs to which mother.

Being an avid watcher of Adam (Adam's Farm, a slot on Countryfle), it seems he sprays colour on at various times of the year for different purposes... red dots scanned with one lamb, blue for two lambs etc. I bet the police don't have those on an ID chart!

I love watching Adam's farm :D

There's a sheep and lamb which seems to have got free from its field and wandering outside my house for the past couple of days - not that unusual for Shetland, I know, but I live just off the main south road which they can now access. Is there anyone I can tell?

Just wondering if, somewhere amongst the seemingly endless sharn, you've managed to get your question answered?

Why is it when somebody, anybody, asks a simple question, there are certain folk who simply have to turn everything in to an argument and end up going off on some raging tangent? One doesn't mind folk having an opinion, but by golly, these are pretty opinionated folk!

Go on, shoot me down in flames for that!

I care not, for I shall not be back.

Thanks for chasing folk away!

There's a sheep and lamb which seems to have got free from its field and wandering outside my house for the past couple of days - not that unusual for Shetland, I know, but I live just off the main south road which they can now access. Is there anyone I can tell?

Ewes and lambs do tend to wander at this time of year...and fences in Shetland are a bit "new fangled" and noone has actually told the sheep what their purpose is. Go northby and you'll find there aren't any fences.. why would you (or the sheep) need them. So if you're concerned that the two you mention might be endangered by drivers not being particularly adept at avoiding wandering livestock then get a pal and go and yock a had o' the yow and fling it oe'r the nearest fence. Fling the lamb efter it and bingo they'll be fine. Dinna be surprised if you spot them right back in the same place again a couple of days later though. Fickle beasts for sure. :)

Why is it when somebody, anybody, asks a simple question, there are certain folk who simply have to turn everything in to an argument and end up going off on some raging tangent? One doesn't mind folk having an opinion, but by golly, these are pretty opinionated folk!

Go on, shoot me down in flames for that!

I care not, for I shall not be back.

Thanks for chasing folk away!

Your right.

The certain folk you refer to act more like sheep than sheep do....;)

Why is it when somebody, anybody, asks a simple question, there are certain folk who simply have to turn everything in to an argument and end up going off on some raging tangent? !

Always the same perps, shetlandpeat, unlinkedstudent, Ghostrider treating it like their own personal chat room.

Happened the other day with the Oxjam thread and unlinkedstudent hijacking the thread to explain her views on Oxfam...nobody cares what your thoughts are on the matter and more to the point no one asked you for them.