Serco Ferry

Frances144

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trouble is northlink have to answer to all the new folk, and public complaining about a rough passage! you just need to see the paper after the boat has been stuck outside aberdeen for 12hrs

vessels like the solway fisher and other commercial vessels only answer to share holders and as i was once told if your not in the oil field your not making any money!

sadly it dosnet seem to matter about a lifeline service or not means nothing, i dont feel its northlinks fault though its the pressure and bad press put on them by the public

folk would need to stop whining!!

if its aberdeen thats closed then thats tides, swell direction, problems out with northlinks control.

i hope aabody makes it home or away thats travelling

Northlink are going to be damned if they sail in bad weather and dammed if they don't. There are always going to be some passengers from Shetland who do not mind how rough the crossing is and how long they have to wait outside Aberdeen

Maybe the answer if storms are going to be more common is to have freight boats that can at least keep the supplies coming and the exports going in almost any weather.

Back in the 3 boats a week days (whether strike or weather issues) I can remember some shops chartering planes at this time of year to get fresh perishables onto the island. Don Leslie did for sure. That's what you call good business and building Goodwill.

hey just heard that tesco is flying a norwegian air force Herckules to edinburgh tonight then the trucks with food on them at aberdeen are heading to edinburgh to be loaded on to it and sent to sumburgh first fligt is due in sumburgh at 8:30 tomorrow and it will be coming and going all day with food

I am sure someone at Tesco has calculated that hiring a plane will not result in any great loss for the company and the combination of free publicity and customer goodwill will more than compensate for any loss they make.

You can be assured they will break even at least ( the perishable stock would have been lost anyway no doubt) - however I hope the regular Tescoites don't bleat too much if the prices charged turn out to be premium compared to "normal" (and you never know there might be a few buckshee trips South available via Tesco since they'll be flying back South empty ;)

You can be assured the Coop wouldn't think of something like this. This will make the National newspapers for sure. A good management decision.

I am sure someone at Tesco has calculated that hiring a plane will not result in any great loss for the company and the combination of free publicity and customer goodwill will more than compensate for any loss they make.

You can be assured they will break even at least ( the perishable stock would have been lost anyway no doubt) - however I hope the regular Tescoites don't bleat too much if the prices charged turn out to be premium compared to "normal".

You can be assured the Coop wouldn't think of something like this. This will make the National newspapers for sure. A good management decision.

You can be assured they will break even at least ( the perishable stock would have been lost anyway no doubt) - however I hope the regular Tescoites don't bleat too much if the prices charged turn out to be premium compared to "normal".

Like I said above - the Late Don Leslie did this several times in the past and he was certainly a good business man. (It wasn't a Hercules used then right enough but I think it did make the Shetland Times ;)