149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry love but to take a different root wouldn't help I stay up by lady's drive I want a walk not a marathon. It seems you must not be a dog walker have you actually counted the doggy bins in this town, well I'll try, one at Hoofields,next top of the old north road next north lochside at clickimmin next the far end of south lochside,going intowards the town next at King Harold Street bottom of Town Hall brae next one that I know of up at the knab. So to avoid doing a Marathon which route would you suggest. :?:

What happens if my dog turds after I have passed the first bin I still have to carry it to the next one and why should I have to take a route I don't want to do because the council are to greedy to spend a bit of money proving more bins they spend the money on other turd that most people don't want like that stupid roundabout at sound.

When I stayed in Stirling they had a huge park one side of it was for walking your dog and the other end was for kids in the dog park they had dog bins about every 600 yards and they had people walking and watching and anyone caught not picking up was fined £100.00 Why can't the council provide a place like that for dog walkers instead of waisting money on projects like that rounabout which is good for nothing lets face it 70% of people in Shetland don't know how to use a roundabout you can actually see the terror in there faces as they try to go round it. All you get in Shetland is NO DOGS ALLOWED.

Take it home and put it in your bin :roll: ....

Just as I had to do a couple of days ago when a irresponsible dog owner let their pet deposit right outside my gate.!!

I picked it up and cleaned the pavement before it got dragged into my house.

Please stop making excuses and blaming everyone else .. it's your dog so your responsibility ..

What happens if my dog monkey after I have passed the first bin I still have to carry it to the next one

So what you are saying is that you would like a bin within 600 odd yards of wherever your dog decides is worthy of it's business? :roll:

When I stayed in Stirling they had a huge park one side of it was for walking your dog and the other end was for kids in the dog park they had dog bins about every 600 yards....

Makes one wonder why anyone would ever leave such a dog walking haven! :wink:

What happens if my dog monkey after I have passed the first bin I still have to carry it to the next one

So what you are saying is that you would like a bin within 600 odd yards of wherever your dog decides is worthy of it's business? :roll:

When I stayed in Stirling they had a huge park one side of it was for walking your dog and the other end was for kids in the dog park they had dog bins about every 600 yards....

Makes one wonder why anyone would ever leave such a dog walking haven! :wink:

Oooh, that's a tad harsh me thinks but on the other hand, wouldn't it be nice to have ordinary litter bins let alone dog poo bins every 600 yards. Reminds me of when I lived in Bethnal Green about 20 odd years ago. The main road was an absolutely pig sty with rubbish, not just people being too lazy to remove their rubbish but also the rubbish left after the street market. On top of that, there was (coughs and apologies for swearing) McDonalds...

No, sez the Labour run Council, if we have more litter bins, youths will set fire to them or the IRA will plant bombs in them.

The following year, the Liberals got into power for Tower Hamlets. Within 3 weeks, not only did the main road have loads of litter bins (and they were probably about 500 yards apart) but they were metal so were harder to vandalise. I don't think any bombs were planted in them either. Mind you, there was the argument that there would be the additional cost in emptying the bins but this was apparently counter-balanced as they didn't need so many road/pavement sweepers employed.

I don't think the answer is dog specific bins but more litter bins in general.

Whilst walking my wee dog near Esha Ness I saw a woman with a gert big (horselike) mutt, after watching it squat to do its business she knelt down and did something which surprised me (but made sense). She actually took a wee trowel out of her pocket, cut out a divot, buried the dog poo then replaced the divot. I asked her why she had done that and she replied...

"Thurs nae effin dug bins and wi whit ma dug eats yun sh** is fuu o goodness an wid mak guid fertiliser so why waste it ! plus thurs nae effin plakky effin bags tae fill up the essy kert".

Made sense to me. :D

Whilst walking my wee dog near Esha Ness I saw a woman with a gert big (horselike) mutt, after watching it squat to do its business she knelt down and did something which surprised me (but made sense). She actually took a wee trowel out of her pocket, cut out a divot, buried the dog poo then replaced the divot. I asked her why she had done that and she replied...

"Thurs nae effin dug bins and wi whit ma dug eats yun sh** is fuu o goodness an wid mak guid fertiliser so why waste it ! plus thurs nae effin plakky effin bags tae fill up the essy kert".

Made sense to me. :D

Grandma? You up here?

When I walk my dog I dont wish to be carrying a bag of dog poo all the way which is what happens as from Burnside down to the roundabout along by the Shetland Hotel And back up the North Road it is at the top of the North Road before I can dispose of the dog poo.

So to avoid doing a Marathon which route would you suggest.

Why not reverse the route you do so that you're passing the turd-bin earlier?

Or train your dog to sharn in the garden before you take it walkies then put it in your own bin.

Or just carry it in a plastic bag until you reach a turd-bin - as a dog-owner you do have to accept some responsibility for its output - not just blame the SIC for your own laziness.