Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

I'm not sure I follow his logic on this one, surely by his reckoning a vehicle registered in Forvik but being used on Shetland's roads is being used in a foreign country. When you take a vehicle to a foreign country you are supposed to abide by that country's traffic rules, not those of your home nation, unless dispensation has been agreed by the two Governments involved. Has the SIC granted vehicles registered in Forvik dispensation to drive in Shetland?!? :shock:

Not sure either how he figures he can charge £1000 plus expenses, £ Sterling is not the Forvik currency, so if the vehicle is registered there surely any fines Forvik imposes against others should be in Forvik Gulden or whatever it was.

In reply to Ghostrider - yes, I just didn't bother to touch on that ... does his interpretation of "dependancy" allow him to "go forth".

Imagine though .. wasting years - and I means years - of court time over such infraction of laws. They'd be better and quicker and cheaper trying to whang him in Kingseat, no?

Logic? None whatsoever. It is simply pathetic. For a start, by stating that it is supposedly not subject to UK statutes, that also means not subject to other laws such as those prohibiting it being vandalised. Presumably, were those laws flouted he would have something to say. As for the drivel about contractual liability of £1000. Obviously nobody would pay, so how would he try to enforce it. Surely he'd have to try to use the UK courts? Not a hope.

The guy is plain and simple a dangerous sociopath. Traffic safety is not a joking matter, though he becomes more and more a joke.

Wow! :shock: hadn't clocked that. Is this now a Forwick challenge to the Gregorian calendar system too?

You can't fault him on "thinking big" anyroad!

*mumble grumble ... boat ... mutter ... bar steward coastguard ... grr .... paper .. I'll make a paper, yes! ... doh! ... mumble grumble .... they're against me ... hmm .... bitter ....... mooo .... UK government .. that'll be the key... make good .... holm ... mine.... UK government ... bar steward coastguard .... police ... hehe ... I'll 'av 'em .. hehe ... bar steward government. ... coastguard ... pilticks ... grr ... mumble grumble ... grr ..! ..... landrover .. hehehe..!*

Guest Anonymous

Whan wirds o sense escape me tocht,

Aboot da sharn dat Hill his wrocht,

Since shipwracked ‘pö da Shetlan shore,

Da bu*ger aye spangs tae da fore,

Wi anidder scam ta mak wis tink,

Dat he sud be pitten I da clink.

Foo lang böst we pit up we dis,

Da man is sookin oot da piss,

Kingseat’s whaur he ocht at be,

Ir ban him fae Shetlan ower da sea,

Ta sail his Land Rover “Forvik 1“,

Upö his peerie Forewick Holm.

:wink:

The arrogant tosser has parked this piece of crap near the Turrifield grind in Sandness, on a blind corner, where two cars used to be able to pass comfortably, now they can't. He's seriously putting people in danger with this because you can't see the thing when you are coming into Sandness until you are almost on top of it. Why has he put it in Sandness? He's got nothing to do with Sandness, and as far as I can tell all he's done is to piss off the people here, first with his boat, now with this crap! :evil: :x :x :evil:

I think that a psychiatrist may be able to spend an interesting hour with Mr Hill. He is really just looking to provoke people.

What is most annoying is that he is probably drawing a state pension from Britain despite proclaiming Forvik residency. Doesn't he still live in the South Mainland?

If he is going to try and charge someone £1000 if they touch his vehicle then why do the relevant authorities not pass on the bill for his last rescue! A fairly proportionate response.

On a lighter note the challenge counter on his site is amusing. 313 days without challenge. Shetlinkers could surely muster up a small group and retake the island for Britain. It could probably be done within an hour of departing the mainland.

For Queen, country and all that!

The arrogant tosser has parked this piece of crap near the Turrifield grind in Sandness, on a blind corner, where two cars used to be able to pass comfortably, now they can't. He's seriously putting people in danger with this because you can't see the thing when you are coming into Sandness until you are almost on top of it. Why has he put it in Sandness? He's got nothing to do with Sandness, and as far as I can tell all he's done is to piss off the people here, first with his boat, now with this crap! :evil: :x :x :evil:

I'm sure *if* a Sandness tractor were to somehow become....ahem....attached to said obstacle during the night, and move it.... to someplace it was never found again. That no-one would really be too bothered about it.

Not that's I'm saying anyone should aid or abet such an occurance of course, just postulating upon the probable outcome, were such a thing to purely randomly by chance happen to occur. http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/Whistling.gif