Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joost heard on da Shetland News dat da schools are on!! Who is making these decisions? It's no better dan Friday when dey sent all da bairns out in the snow and den sent dem all home again.

Roads are no looking great this morning at all.

It might not be better than Friday where you are, but the roads where I am are significantly improved since Friday. The education dept don't know what the roads are like in every area, which is why the decision today has been left to head teachers to make, a sensible decision in my view.

joost heard on da Shetland News dat da schools are on!! Who is making these decisions? It's no better dan Friday when dey sent all da bairns out in the snow and den sent dem all home again.

Roads are no looking great this morning at all.

It might not be better than Friday where you are, but the roads where I am are significantly improved since Friday. The education dept don't know what the roads are like in every area, which is why the decision today has been left to head teachers to make, a sensible decision in my view.

Plus the ultimate decision about whether to put the bairns out lies with their parents, if you don't think it's safe where you are, keep them home!

Strange..........

I've joost cum in fae feedin animals at Skeld, Reawick & Sand and da roads ir fine (not a 4x4 either)! Cars hiv been goin aroond here aa day, everything fae a Toyota Yaris tae da shoppers bus.

Can I suggest you get twartree lessons in how ta drive ida sna and a better set o tyres..............and please stop scaremongering aboot da roads!!

Strange..........

I've joost cum in fae feedin animals at Skeld, Reawick & Sand and da roads ir fine (not a 4x4 either)! Cars hiv been goin aroond here aa day, everything fae a Toyota Yaris tae da shoppers bus.

Can I suggest you get twartree lessons in how ta drive ida sna and a better set o tyres..............and please stop scaremongering aboot da roads!!

odd i did not know i was scaremongering thanks for informing me that i was. i better let the wife know she is a crap driver.

Just come back home to Reawick from Lerwick, the roads are generaly good just a few places like Westings, top of Tresta and between Bixter and Parkhall starting to blow in with the strong wind. Single track road from Park Hall to and in is the same just a few places where its started to blow in again.

Road condition dosn't seem to be a big problem to any cars as long as they take it easy however later after a few hours of wind it might be a different story!!