^^ He stopped being the remotest amusing a very, very long time ago. I see absolutely zero amusement value in having a potentially serious and far-reaching subject taken and degenerated in to a one man, immature, self-serving and ridiculous B rated farce.

His "Blue Peter", "look, here's one we made earlier fom bog roll cores, old egg boxes and sticky back plastic" style of operating is the ultimate in cringeworthyness and extremely embarrassing at very best.

If he want's to be the class clown, fine, let him get on with it, but in his own time and with his own crap, leave the rest of us and the place right out of it, thankyou very much. :evil:

the final court of appeal is the european court and the UKs relationship with europe just now could make any case there very interesting, fingers crossed

What is fascinating about this business is how many Shetlanders took it seriously, even up to the last farcical minute ... A good subject for a MLitt thesis.

Hill produced a certificate from Forvik State Insurance, which he claimed could be backed by the sale of the island, for which he said he had been offered £8.2 million. He refused to sell because he did not agree with the purposes for which the island was to be used.

Imagine the irony if it was the Queen of Denmark wanting him to pawn it to her :wink: .

Hill produced a certificate from Forvik State Insurance, which he claimed could be backed by the sale of the island, for which he said he had been offered £8.2 million. He refused to sell because he did not agree with the purposes for which the island was to be used.

Imagine the irony if it was the Queen of Denmark wanting him to pawn it to her :wink: .

:shock: :lol:

I do not want to see Stuart Hill being sent to prison. Not at all sure it is right for a man of his age and as far as I can see he either sincerely believes in what he is doing with Sovereign Shetland or, to put it bluntly, he is a bit mad. Either way I think prison is wrong but I fear that he will regard his community service order as unlawful and ignore it.

At the same time I think the sheriff has got pushed into a corner by Stuarts actions and he has either to pass sentence and then follow up on that sentence or he has to admit that Stuart is right and that the court has no authority.

There was a sort of answer with a fine. Matters little to a court who pays the fine so an anonymous supporter could have paid it even if Stuart objected but that will not work with community service.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm very interested to see what el capitan's next move will be.

Will he do his community service and refrain from driving? If so he is admitting defeat in my eyes.

Or, will he carry on with his clowning around and be further sentanced.

He admitted defeat in my eyes the day he voluntarly walked in to the Lerwick Court to answer a summons. If he does not recognise the Court's authority in Shetland, how can he justify acknowledging them in any size, shape or form?

How can he credibly stand up in said court and haggle over what his name is, when it was a bit of paper issued by that court in a given name that he accepted delivery of, then responded to the instructions given on it.

To have any credibility left now, he would have needed to have refuse to accept any summons' the Court tried to send to him, and had to have been brought to court in cuffs carried there by however many coppers it took to physically carry him.