SOS = Save Our Sirloins

Stevo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHC Helicopter, the operator of the aircraft, has launched an inquiry and confirmed that the pilot had been suspended.

A spokesman said the training exercise had been completed before the landing, and any costs incurred would be met by the company, not the taxpayer.

She added: "We expect high standards of professionalism from all our employees and if we find these have not been met, we will take the appropriate action.

"While the aircraft was previously engaged in a training exercise, it was operating a non-revenue flight at the time of the incident in question."

The operator has confirmed the helicopter WAS NOT on a training flight at the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9216688/Coastguard-pilot-suspended-for-using-helicopter-to-pick-up-steaks-from-Orkney-butcher.html

Stevo, I would stop digging if I was you!.

As the article in your link states it was at the end of a training flight so in other words I'm guessing they were already air borne and simply took a little detour on their way home. It's also a great bit of community relations as we often see done in Shetland with Lifeboat Day and Santa etc.

This whole debacle is really so sad and pedantic and I hope CHC hang their heads in shame.....

Infact, it smacks of sour grapes from CHC because of loosing the contract......

i dont have a problem atall with the guys getting ome shopping while they are passing, when im out with the works car i sometimes pop in and get some messages too, no harm done. I'm sure the rest of us would do the same.

if they were there anyway, then good on them!

Next time, can they get some for me?

There are a lot of facts that we don't know.

Where they on training in specifically in Orkney?

Where they specifically training on rough ground landings?

Coincidental, that they happened to be training when they knew the order would be ready. I doubt that they just dropped in and said "Any chance we can get £400 of sirloin please"

Although I am sitting on the fence with this one until all the facts become clear, it can not escape my mind that CHC, being the size it is and with a reputation to watch over etc, it will no doubt have procedures in place for this kind of event.

We all assume the pilot may loose his job. It may be he has been suspended until the matter blows over.

We all jump to conclusions. Maybe we should wait for full facts before we start to defend or slate someone or something.

Just a thought.

I can't understand this sharn, we are very lucky to have these men looking after us, it was not too long ago they had to droop off food to some idiot that run out after being snowed in for a few days, didn't hear any complaining about that.......

Reinstate the man and sack the pen pushing idiot that made this a big deal..!

I can't understand this sharn, we are very lucky to have these men looking after us, it was not too long ago they had to droop off food to some idiot that run out after being snowed in for a few days, didn't hear any complaining about that.......

Reinstate the man and sack the pen pushing idiot that made this a big deal..!

:lik: