Diversity of, or lack of, shopping in Shetland

dodd

JustMe,

thanks for the tip.

Ostrovar is great, and at £4.00 for 5 x 500ml bottles, it's good value for money. I reccomend it to one and all... HIC !!! :lol:

Had a look at the co-op beer range today........could only look as it was too early to purchase alcohol. They have an interesting own brand wheat beer and the bottle conditioned beer.......badged co-op but brewed by the Freeminer brewery is excellent.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Yes Breeksy, I forgot about the Handmade Fish Co.

He is unbeatable for haddock, especially the smoked fillets. I've seen his unique homemade smoker he uses, it is an ingenious device, but also the care he takes in handling the fish is excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

Grantfield was my favourite store in Lerwick. The staff were all very friendly and the stuff in the shop was just so much better and more varied than anywhere else. I used to trudge there through the wailing winds and driving rain, pushing a pram or dragging a toddler with me.

I must say that friendliness in shops cuts both ways. I was put off in some shops by the total indifference of some of the staff.

And now I work in a shop myself and am sometimes amazed by the downright rudeness of certain customers who will walk in, ignoring you, talking loudly on mobiles, not even looking at you when you put their messages in a bag and change their money.

Thank goodness that doesn't happen too often, though.

River Island, peerie_flo? Lol.

• 2 months later...

From another thread:

I was in ZARA in Edinburgh and asked the guy if he delivers to shetland and he said that someone from shetland gets their stuff delivered... anyone get stuff sent up that way? We went and spent about £4,000 on clothes since it saves on having stuff sent...

How does everyone get clothes?? Catalogues? Ebay? :wink:

well... to be honest that wasnt in one go that was over a number of weeks about ... ooooh 12 or something.. just stocking up and it is stuff that doesnt really go out of fashion.. bootcut and skinny jeans and baggy boyfriend jeans wont go out of fashion... neither will wooly jumpers... and blouses, shirts, and dresses... nor will t-shirts... so its more of the basic stuff than basic instinct! lol.. :wink:

And that wasnt just me... that was both of us... :twisted: