Top Gear

Twerto

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/longcar_450x259.jpg

Hammond, 36, looked at ease in the driver's seat of an extremely stretched MG.

He was joined by fellow presenters Jeremy Clarkson and James May to test a series of stretch vehicles at the Top Gear track.

Hammond, nicknamed Hamster, cheated death in September while trying to break the British land speed record. He was left with brain injuries in a 288mph dragster smash but stunned doctors with his recovery.

The new series of Top Gear starts on Sunday at 8pm on BBC2.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch Top Gear, but I did watch the crash footage on the BBC website...out of morbid curiosity I guess.

The whole interview bit in the studio was typical Top Gear I guess with the tongue in cheek comments, but it was kind of surreal when they cut back to the studio after showing the actual crash and there was a few seconds of complete silence. Probably the first time in his career that Clarkson has been speechless.

I suppose another way this thread could go, what do you actually think of the material that Top Gear puts out? I remember, back in the day, it used to be car reviews but it seems to have taken a turn towards "3 guys cocking about in cars" in the past few years.

Does anyone agree with the "it encourages bad drivers" line the press were using after Richard Hammond's crash?