Far too young to be parents!

Malcolm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as he has broken the law. and could be due a visit from Mr plod should they have even published the story. also what good would it do for there names and faces to be published. its important to prevent young births but by giving them publicity and possibly money they could be encouraging the activity they condemn.

Its not often I feel genuine moral outrage about something. But the Sun's splash today actually makes me feel all icky.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece

Is the moral outrage about the rather unwise children or about the so called newspaper that published the story?

About the kids being given the "go ahead" to sleep together and the fact that neither of their parents seem to give a toss about the "underage" sex that took place and seems to be being ignored by the law.

The thing is that nature has obviously decided that they are old enough to procreate, or else they wouldn't have been able to. It's the social issues surrounding such an event that folk will be upset about, I'd imagine. I think it would be substantially more terrible if, say, the mother was 30, but in this case it's two uneducated kids that were acting stupid. It's nothing to be outraged about, but certainly not something to be encouraged.

I couldn't even read the full article and already feel quite bad about clicking on a link to the Sun; but Jesus, do you think this is something new? The Sun go trawling for stories like this and the witless parents (i.e. grandparents) will roll over for a buck--maybe not such a bad idea when their kid doesn't know the price of a nappy.

Basically, on a par with KOY's observations in the most depressing TV show ever thread.

as he has broken the law. and could be due a visit from Mr plod should they have even published the story. also what good would it do for there names and faces to be published. its important to prevent young births but by giving them publicity and possibly money they could be encouraging the activity they condemn.

They definitely are, thats why tabloids exist.

Well it seems the mechanics of sex is learnt at school but not the moral resposibilities.

The only people to blame really are the parents of these two......

its a bit deeper than that. surly there parents were not teaching them respect for themselves. it would be interested in seeing if there parent were single young parents. its not a new thing but the restraints of society seem to be that loose that it allows it to become common.

What about contraception? I see no one has even talked about that. And it seems a bit late to be going to church the horse has already bolted some what but his father is right up to a point.

“And Dennis, 45, said†“He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day.â€

After all most boys this age are at home counting there pimples. But what is worse is all the politicians, Who are pontificating about family values speak about the pot calling the toast black

The dirty deed has been done. Apart from super glueing there legs together this sort of thing will continue to happen

practical parenting nvq's

what a very good idea. i know it would have done me good. something like the squawking doll would be good. I'm sure it would be better than whats taught at the moment. Ive been lucky some what sensible daughters. but it would help both those with poor parenting examples and those with better ones.

I was shocked when I seen pics of the boy and girl with the baby. She looks a lot older than 15 and he looks about 8.

Its alright for us to take the moral high ground when it happens to someone elses family but I personally feel the families are putting on brave faces and doing what is right for the kids involved. Ok going to a newspaper isn't the brightest idea but they will have been paid for the article and if any adults involved have any sense they will put the money for the baby's use. We can't make teenagers stop having sex ( we were all there once ) and we can't make them listen to us telling them about sex but these two really need support just now as their lives have changed and will never be the same again. Hopefully with the right support they will realise they have made a mistake and don't repeat it by having more bairns untill they are more mature.