Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

I wonder, has someone else gained access to Wakefieldcateringservice's Shetlink account and is deliberately doing this spitefully? Surely no self-respecting business person would submit posts like this on a public forum?

You wouldn't have thought so, no? That would appear to be them trying their hardest to commit commercial suicide for all to see?! :?

I wonder, has someone else gained access to Wakefieldcateringservice's Shetlink account and is deliberately doing this spitefully? Surely no self-respecting business person would submit posts like this on a public forum?

Wondered that after the announcement that the spiggie hotel was closed last night

Did anyone hear any further developments on Spiggie being closed/closing?

When I invite a group of friends out to eat I never phone in advance to book a table.

I just take my own one with us. (seats eight) _ (might have to stand or squat - [i don't take seats so it does tend to feel a bit sort of Eastern])

Bit of a bind in the taxi heading there (unless it's wheelchair friendly) but not a problem afterwards - I just donate it to the hotel (since they are apparantly lacking them).

Never been let down in any establishment as yet!

^I would like to think it wasn't them as I never like to think of anyone committing professional suicide on such a level. If it was them then seriously what the hell were they thinking :lol:

Back on topic Mid Brae Inn was quite good last time I was up. Not been to the spiggie for a while but will likely pop in when I'm up with the better half next month.

I CAN MAKE BRILLIANT SANDWICHES! THE BEST EVER! AND THEY ARE FROZEN! TAKE MY SANDWICH AND LOVE IT, PUT IT IN YOUR FREEZER AND LOVE IT LATER! IF YOU WANT! MMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUMMY SANDWICHES! SLURP DOWN A FROZEN VALENTINES SANDWICH!

AND CHECK OUT MY CHILDRENS PARTY MENU-IT'S MEGA! FROZEN CRISPS AND POP! BRILLIANT!

Sorry 'bout that. :shock:

Did anyone hear any further developments on Spiggie being closed/closing?

I can say with 100% certainty that the Spiggie Hotel is in no danger of closing or being closed, and that any such whispers/rumours are the inventions and imaginings of those who wish to tarnish and damage its reputation out of malicious spite and jealousy. Let those people continue to commit social/commerical suicide on this forum, but do not believe what is being said, as it is totally untrue and unfair to the staff at Spiggie. I am a regular there and know how hard they work, and am always made to feel welcome.

I tried to book a table at the Spiggie for a special occasion for 6 people, approx 2 weeks in advance. I was told " That's your table booked, but we can't guarantee it, as we may have guests in that take priority".

This was last September.

Needless to say I went elsewhere, and have not tried again, as I thought that was kinda weird to say the least. A table is either booked, or it's not!

Hi, I checked this out and was told any booking will be guaranteed once it is taken (excepting for emergencies). They reckoned that whoever answered the phone made a mistake and was confused over the residents bookings.

Perhaps they have reviewed this after realising it was a bit unreasonable.

I'm pretty sure it was the owner who told me this, as I was passed over to him after someone else answered the call. (Maybe he was having a bad day that day)

But, I would like to try the food, so will maybe try and book a table for a visit soon :D

After being away all week and eating poor quality, overpriced food in hotels in Newcastle and Gatwick. It was a joy to go to the Spiggie Hotel last night and have a delicious plate of Kate's Monkfish Noodles. Fresh, beautifully cooked and full of flavour!! Along with a glass or two of well kept Real Ale who could ask for more?