Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Lets just call a "Time-out" on this shall we?

If it is WCS posting for himself then they will accept responsibility for the consequences of what they have posted. If it is not, we'll soon hear about it and act accordingly. We would request that any further posts on the subject are made with due consideration. Or, of course, they'll be moderated.

Thanks.

@wakefieldcateringservices

Will you stop typing in capital letters, your view on the matter is no more important than anyone else’s.

While we're at it, mate, any chance you could turn off your caps lock? Shouting over the internet will certainly not endear you to anyone.

we have asked already about CAPS

Hints dude; take one.

http://i44.tinypic.com/72yjow.jpg

Had lunches at both the Spiggie and Sumburgh hotels when I had a friend up from south last year. Both were good meals and hard to compare as one was tending towards posh grub and the other was more like a Sunday roast. Would go to either again although the beer was better at the Spiggie.

I tried to book a table at the Spiggie for a special occasion for 6 people, approx 2 weeks in advance. I was told " That's your table booked, but we can't guarantee it, as we may have guests in that take priority".

This was last September.

Needless to say I went elsewhere, and have not tried again, as I thought that was kinda weird to say the least. A table is either booked, or it's not!

noidhere wrote

I tried to book a table at the Spiggie for a special occasion for 6 people, approx 2 weeks in advance. I was told " That's your table booked, but we can't guarantee it, as we may have guests in that take priority".

I can sort of see what they meant. Small hotel with a small restaurant and hotel guests getting priority in the restaurant. Shame but makes sense.

In fairness to Wakefield Catering Services, I have visited their site. With regard to Google, my site doesn't always come up. It takes Google time to update their lists and it is not just based on how many "hits" a said site gets but also on how they describe the pages' contents, key words, etc. In other words, just because Google doesn't list a site doesn't mean it does not exist.

Hmmmm....this wouldn't be your husbands business, would it? :shock: :shock:

(**mod edit** removed unnecessary quoting of post above!. Please use ^^ to refer to the above post)

Off topic, I know, but what is the correct etiquette when it comes to such things? I've always used ^ to refer to the post directly above, ^^ for two posts above, etc.

On topic, I was fortunate enough to enjoy a three course evening meal at the Lerwick Hotel recently and it was splendid. Everything was beautifully presented, tasted wonderful and the fact the party had a room entirely to itself was a bonus too.

We're playing 'tour guide' over the next few days and plan to lunch at the museum and Busta House. I am very much looking forward to it. Oh yes, I also enjoyed an afternoon tea in the long room at Busta House recently, a most splendid Jane Austin type afternoon spent with lovely company and plenty of cake/coffee/tea/biscuits!

I can sort of see what they meant. Small hotel with a small restaurant and hotel guests getting priority in the restaurant. Shame but makes sense.

Well you can either book a table or you can't. If you can't book one they should say, no you can't have one, not maybe you can have one, maybe you can't.

If they cannot guarantee a table, don't open the dining room to the public!

On topic, I was fortunate enough to enjoy a three course evening meal at the Lerwick Hotel recently and it was splendid.

All the people I have spoken to that have gone to the Lerwick Hotel have all said the same as you, that it was all very good.

Maybe I'll make the OH take me, just to make sure :lol:

I took my Mother to the Scalloway Hotel yesterday for Mother's day - the meal and the service were perfect. Helpings were more than generous - Mam went home clutching the chicken she hadn't been able to finish, wrapped in tinfoil.

This is the second time I've been and I was a bit worried in case the food wouldn't be as good as the first time - I really wasn't disappointed.