pooptastic! not.

Baron Farkoff

Is this the corrrect poophole to close?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the corrrect poophole to close?

• Yes!
    • No!

The toilets at the clickimin have been shut, and I'm not very happy about it. When one is oot and aboot in the van, it is by far the most convenient, erm, convenience to use because of its ease of parking when said van has a trailer attached. A really helpful map directs you to other bogs miles away , but this is of little use when you need to drop the boys orf at the pool RIGHT NOW.

I know that we all have to put up with this cuts bullshine while 35,000 census nazis are getting paid £500,000,000, but this really is inconvenient and I'm not happy aboot yun.

I know several other workmen -who are afterall the backbone of this industrious isle- who are most put out by this outrage. Whit du you mak o dat, den? :evil: :shock: :?:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a secret plan to revitalise the town centre, by forcing folk to have to drive in ower to take a leak, and while there they might be tempted to buy something. Its gonna backfire though, I'm sure Tesco and the Coop have kharzis hidden someplace in their hyper shops, and for anyone getting caught short in between, da loch will mebbe juist hae ta do.

Seriously though, shutting them up all night has been idiotic enough, but shutting any permanently is the dictionary definition of stupidity. They have a law in place that you cannot just take a leak anyplace anytime, fine it keeps down on the stink, but if you put a law in place you also need to make provision that folk can be reasonably expected to comply with it.

If they'd built a few bog basic pishhooses, ie. a hole in the ground with walls and a roof, that could be hosed out as necessary, they would have been much cheaper, and maybe they could have afforded to keep them in use.

If they really must close one, I'm sure the one at the Knab sees much less use than the Lochside one, and while the Grantfield one may well be more heavily used, there are numerous businesses close by with duplicate facilities. Not that private business *should* be expected to fill the void left by public service incompetence, but they do exist if the owners were willing to make them available. There's bog all (pun intended) along Lochside unless rappin on somebody's door and askin to use their's. A "no" delivered on a bunch of fives tends to offend, and thats the kinda response I'd expect taking that option.

Have you never heard of using Rubber-Bands on each ankle? :lol:

Boot-Cut Breeks, or as we used to say back in the far past, Bell-bottom Breeks - is mandatory..

Oh yes and Plastic Claes Pegs must also be part of your 'Goin-oot' regalia. (allow for 2 and plastic is best).

Bye for noo....

Personally i didnt participate in the causes of the credit crunch, banking crisis or any of the causes of the "recession" or the desire for the country to deficate on the ordinary people.

This kinda slester is non of our doing and none of the public toilets should be shut. Unless we bottle it n post it to our now docile MP(issooses)

I agree that this was the wrong toilet to close. It is in an easy to reach location and a much busyer part of town than the one at the Knab. I understand that each departmant of the council has to come up with ways to make savings but surely they must look at the bigger picture. I cant imagine it would be saving a great deal of money just locking the doors, they still have the upkeep of the building only they dont have to pay someone to pop in for few minuites each day to clean the place.

I, like Baron Farkoff and I'm sure many others work out and about all over Shetland and It is important to have toilet facilities available as the only alternative is to find a wall or something to go behind. Not so easy if you need to coil some rope.

We have to make such cuts, we have been told.

We believe too.

You can protest. The GOV want local issues sorted locally so Gov will have to deal with it. They also want the little people to have a voice, only when it suits.

That way it is not GOVs fault, but yours.

An opportunity for the third sector to take over running of the crappa. How much would you donate to deposit?

When we getting our 37 billion from the banks back?

If they wanted to make savings, why not just sack the man/woman who decided to close the toilets?
The councilors?

Nah, they're beyond hope now. They've been told off by the big boy carrying the bigger stick, that lives down the road, so they're just rubber stamping everything that the hired help tells them to, especially if its Mr Orkney doing the telling.

The one that needs sacking is whoever it was in "Cleansing", or whatever office is responsible for public crappers and sundry associated facilities these days, that thought closing up a kharzi was possibly a good idea to put forward.

See, I bet the Lochside crapper, in common with most crappers, has a manhole....or should that be called "unisex foul drainage manual inspection facility" these days :roll: ..... somewhere on its drain. Had they just built a 6ft high wall with a gatehole in it around said manhole, instead of a fancy schmancy formica lined out widden hut, running costs would have been minimal, and folk would still have had a perfectly functional crapper. If its good enough for the French, what's wrong with it.

Lets face it, nae roof in this part of the world is a far more effective deterrent to the alleged "undesirable loiterers", than closing crappers all night and employing attendants is "supposed" to prevent.

But.....Hey, ho.....Seein a common sense didn't prevail at the building stage, and the piggy bank is empty, the best they can tell everybody to do now is.....pit a knot athin im billy. :wink: