Views on recently watched films

Mia

I watched "30 Days of Night" the other day. Very enjoyable I must say. Does get a little bit disjointed for a few minutes about half way through...I actually thought the film had skipped a whole section. The ending was a little bit annoying but all in all a good vampire film.

I tried to watch it. As soon as the Vampires started talking I switched it off. Worst idea ever.

Watched all of "Se7en" for the first time last night. Good film, good acting (very good in terms of Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey), interesting plot. ENDING SPOILER: The ending wasn't all that I thought it would be with the John Doe character essentially winning, which left me a bit deflated at the end. Overall 4 out of 5.

I added the "ENDING SPOILER" bit: Don't give away the ending in your post so blatantly, ruins the films for others!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
^^^

Yeah, got to agree with that. If it possible for sci-fi film to be pretty, this is it. Great, visuals. Loved it.

Lovely visuals, extremely high production values and some ratable performances. Cillian Murphy once again giving a100% but the science and the story were pretty bad. Put me in mind of Douglas Trumball's epic "Silent Running", another visually very pleasing sci-fi film.

BTW, Sunshine in HD is pretty good but as the beauty of the film was in the visuals, it looked best in a THX certified movie theatre. I and the other six people in the audience enjoyed it very much.

Saw Twilight with the girls on Boxing day. Pretty much as expected, followed the book pretty well, the lasses loved it, sometimes it can be hard finding something the 10year old and the 15year old agree on. Very smushy, very much a teenage chick flick, but thank god it wasn't the Disney torture they usually try and inflict on me (no song and dance routines). For a vampire film there was very little blood and enough werewolf hints that it looks like they are setting up for New Moon. Watchable enough but I wouldn't choose to see it again.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ I loved it :)

I just saw it earlier on, and read the book just before Christmas. The book is amazing - I've only read the first, but have ordered the other three from Play.com (although they're only delivering the second and third one to me as the fourth is currently out of stock :(). I thought the book was very honest to the film, and the acting was, for once, worth watching. Managed to actually not ruin the book for me.

Worth the hype for once

Watched Dark Knight yesterday and quite enjoyed it, Ledger was a times chillingly frightening and thought it was a fresh take on the joker.

Possibly a little long and most of the "twists" were fairly obvious but all in all a good film which appealed to adults and teenagers (watched it with my niece),

Also saw comments on Daywatch and Nightwatch above, both of which I loved and was pleasantly surprised to see other people had enjoyed them as down here (Outskirts of London) they were hardly publicised and not known anyone else who'd even heard of let alone watched them.