Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's particularly bad drifting below the north Sandwick junction ( from Setter to Central ), and in Levenwick between the surgery and the shop. I decided the latter was impassable in daylight, I certainly wouldn't recommend it in darkness :)

Just got stuck at that very spot in Levenwick!! Managed to get the car parked out of the way.

Take care, everyone - the snow is blowing in. :cry:

Was going to town for work tonight from Mossbank, had a total whiteout going up from Firth to Dales Lea, no idea which way was up let alone where I was heading! Then when I got to Voe & crawled out at the junction, the back end just went its own way into the oncoming traffic - I'd like to thank the van driver who missed me by inches for taking what little avoiding action he could. Suffice to say I turned back at that point.

I usually drive "out of hours" and so far have had little problem, despite having standard tyres with very light loading but tonight felt different under the car. Might be the thaw-freeze effect? Voe junction is always bad in my experience (bad slope) and more than once I have been going home and almost ended up in Tagon stores!