Thistle / Delting

Radarman

All these rules.....why should a player be prevented from moving to another team at any time. Obviously I exclude professional players who have a contract of employment but just why should a Shetland player not move to another team if he wants to?.....or even play for two teams. Not in the same match that is.

When it comes to the paid players be they from Ross County or Celtic then what is all this nonsense about transfer windows. Players should be free to move at any time as long as the team they have a contract with is willing to let them go......and the team they go to should be able to play a new signing at the next game.....even if it is about to start.

All the above comments are not limited to football or indeed sport. As a basic human right we should all be free to change jobs having given the required notice.....or with early release from an employment contract with the consent of our employer.

stop talking sense......Mr Wheesht will have you strung up

Na, I was thinking more of a public stoning at the Market Cross, just to give all these young lads and lasses something wiorthwile to gather for. :wink:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of thing is not new to Shetland football but has never had the platform it has now too bring it to the fore. The game of soccer in amateur terms means the player involved can play for whoever he wants and the contract that is signed by said player is but a piece of confetti.

Ness United done the same thing to Delting a number of years ago when the manager of Interior Designs (don't worry mods they went down the same tubes as Ness Utd)signed (**Moderator edit - name removed**) in the same circumstances.

Did Delting hit the headlines in the local Haggis supper wrap the following week.....well sadly NO. Because as anyone will tell you.......who cares, unless your a hack with an interest in the once mighty Lerwick Thistle.

Absolutely untrue.

(**Moderator edit - name removed**) only signed for Ness after he moved to the Ness, long after he started work at Interior Designs. The travelling from Dalsetter to Brae for every home match didn't make sense. There was absolutely no pressure put on (**Moderator edit - name removed**) to sign for anyone.

But hey Jonesy, why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

Next time you want to post something I suggest you make sure of your facts first.

In other words make sure your brain is in gear.

If you can.

This kind of thing is not new to Shetland football but has never had the platform it has now too bring it to the fore. The game of soccer in amateur terms means the player involved can play for whoever he wants and the contract that is signed by said player is but a piece of confetti.

Ness United done the same thing to Delting a number of years ago when the manager of Interior Designs (don't worry mods they went down the same tubes as Ness Utd)signed (**Moderator edit - name removed**) in the same circumstances.

Did Delting hit the headlines in the local Haggis supper wrap the following week.....well sadly NO. Because as anyone will tell you.......who cares, unless your a hack with an interest in the once mighty Lerwick Thistle.

Jeez - where does one start in dismantling this line of debate?

The grammar? Nah, too easy and some may consider it too petty and pedantic.

The facts? I'm not sure there are any...let's call them allegations.

Amateur football does operate under rules and regulations and anyone involved is duty bound to abide by them if the game is to be played without acrimony, so to imply that any "contract" (presumably you mean registration form) is worthless is simply wrong. Of course any player can play for whomever he likes - as long as he abides by the rules of the association.

As far as I'm aware (**Moderator edit - name removed**) married a Ness lass and chose (without pressure from anyone connected with Ness United, I'd assume) to live down there. As dB pointed out, a trip to Brae from Dalsetter for every home fixture would be a daunting prospect for anyone, not to mention expensive in the form of travel.

I take it you can prove the allegation that (**Moderator edit - name removed**) signed a registration form for Ness after having already signed one for Delting as Leighton Flaws (presumably I can say the name now that the Shetland Times has put it into the public domain) is alleged to have done for Delting and Thistle? If not, then please explain how the circumstances are the same - the similarity escapes me.

And if, as I contend, the circumstances ARE markedly different i.e. it was simply a case of a player moving from one team to another because it was more convenient (let's face it, this IS amateur football we're talking about here - there's surely a limit to how far club loyalty will stretch) then there would be no reason for any of the media to make a fuss about it.

The fact that there are now fora to discuss such events is in one respect to be welcomed as it allows for a much greater spread of debate than before, however the downside is that morons with internet access DO have a platform to spout errant nonsense.

Finally, one point I'm in partial agreement with you is that the "hack with an interest in the once mighty Lerwick Thistle" usually writes some drivel about the sporting week - where was it this week?

As dB suggested make sure your brain is in gear (preferably not reverse)....if you can.

Having had a chance to do a bit more research I've found that (**Moderator edit - name removed**) commenced employment at Interior Designs in 1989.

He signed for Ness in 1992/3.

How does that sit with you Jonesy? BTW where did that name come from? Is it the moronic corporal in Dad's Army?

Tough turd, Sherlock.

i am getting tired of reading all this crap about this player signing for a job. Having talked to this person in march the player told me he wanted to sign for delting and never said anything about a job. He has good friends in brae ever thought that might be the reason?if he doesnt get to play this year he will be a delt in 2007 so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I must say he had a very nice kitchen though. Alledgedly it took 3 years to instal. :lol: :wink:

Excellent kitchen. He installed it himself so you'd need to check on the timescale with him.

Or is du trying to mak a joke? It's kinda hard to tell, du sees. :wink:

I must say he had a very nice kitchen though. Alledgedly it took 3 years to instal. :lol: :wink:

Excellent kitchen. He installed it himself so you'd need to check on the timescale with him.

:lol: :lol:

Hard to tell ? You cannot be serious ?

Having had a chance to do a bit more research I've found that (**Moderator edit - name removed**) commenced employment at Interior Designs in 1989.

He signed for Ness in 1992/3.

How does that sit with you Jonesy? BTW where did that name come from? Is it the moronic corporal in Dad's Army?

Tough turd, Sherlock.

Might it be Mick Jones from the Clash?or is it only a coincidence that his wee picture is in fact Mick Jones?Btw,does db mean..... dough brain?

Might it be Mick Jones from the Clash?or is it only a coincidence that his wee picture is in fact Mick Jones?Btw,does db mean..... dough brain?

More than likely coincidence as the avatar rarely depicts the username - yours being a perfect example. Peeriebryan too (I hope!!)

Still waiting for Sherlock Jonesy to show that he/she wasn't engaging in rectal communication - but I'll not hold my breath.

Hard to tell ? You cannot be serious ?

Du'll need tae explain it tae me.