Proposed Co-op Stores in Scalloway & Sandwick ?

Do you support the CO-OP stores planned in Scalloway & Sandwick  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the CO-OP stores planned in Scalloway & Sandwick

• YES - I support both
    • I support the Scalloway Co-op, but not Sandwick
    • I support the Sandwick Co-op, but not Scalloway
    • NO - I support neither

9 hours ago, Colin said:

As for the Co-op; I don't find them much cheaper, if at all, than some country shops.  They are just a big country shop in the middle of town.. 

Depends what your buying, many CO-OP own brand products are cheaper though some country shops also carry CO-OP brand stuff but i am not sure if its at the same price point, with the CO-OP you only get clubcard money back with thier own brand stuff where with Tesco its done on the total spend. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For reference: link to the Sandwick planning application and comments https://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=QQ3S9ROAGZ400 lin

The truth is our country shops and wholesalers are struggling to compete with supermarket prices and I would bet that any "add ons " in the country shops are probably well justified with extra deliver

It's a bit of a mixed bag in that larger stores will bring more jobs, more choice and, on the back of that, reduce the number of trips to Lerwick. I can't help but feel it'll mean the end for the smal

^Very true, price is the great big guide point. Heinz baked beans, about a quid a tin, maybe a few pennies less. Into Tesco and they sell the same sized tins, different brands, for ---------- 22p a go. You won't get that from the Co-op.

A Co-op in Sandwick and Scalloway? Nah, go for somewhere that sells at a better price, and delivers so you don't need to get the bus when you need to then run half the way home coz you don't want the frozen food to melt before you get to within a hundred yards of the freezer.

Edited by George.
3 hours ago, George. said:

^Very true, price is the great big guide point. Heinz baked beans, about a quid a tin, maybe a few pennies less. Into Tesco and they sell the same sized tins, different brands, for ---------- 22p a go. You won't get that from the Co-op.

Co-op Own brand beans 0.32p

Co-op honest value beans 0.25p, not 0.22p but not far off it. 

5 hours ago, XAM7102 said:

Depends what your buying, many CO-OP own brand products are cheaper though some country shops also carry CO-OP brand stuff but i am not sure if its at the same price point, with the CO-OP you only get clubcard money back with thier own brand stuff where with Tesco its done on the total spend. 

I would prefer it if both the Co-op & Tesco took the loyalty(?) money off the headline price.

18 hours ago, XAM7102 said:

Co-op Own brand beans 0.32p

Co-op honest value beans 0.25p, not 0.22p but not far off it. 

No, it's not far off it but I'm not a multimillionare so I'll buy it at the best price that I can - after Tesco have delivered it to me. Great, especially when the last bus comes in to me at 18.20, six days a week coz there's none on a Sunday.

But not far off it, or so I've been old:mrgreen:

Edited by George.