The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

I totally get the point but do you get mine? Its the same thing, just take off those green shades for a moment! :wink:

I notice you didn't answer my question so I'll take it as a 'yes' answer. If you're going to take the morale high ground then you must practise what you preach! :D

:shock:

Did you read this post or just simply choose to ignore it Kirsty?

:rofl:

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I reckon that's the best case scenario for Celtic :lol:

This is quite true. The fact is, Celtic supporters need Rangers to go to the wall so they can bask in the glory of winning championships again, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Rangers may or may not have broken any laws, whatever they may tell you! :wink:

Nothing to do with Rangers "winning" titles by fraudlent and unlawful means then?

Which seasons are you reffering to because the last poster who said that got shot down in flames and hasn't posted since! :wink:

Rangers are due in court this November defending a tax bill from 2001 to 2010 - where they are accused of paying players their salaries without paying tax i.e. 40% less than the going rate.If found guilty of tax evasion, then they will effectively be defrauding the British tax payer.

Okay, so, if this is the 'real' reason you have such strong feelings about this case can I ask you a question?

Have you ever paid someone ie a mechanic, joiner, painter, electrician to do a small job for you off the books and paid them in cash or is that something fo another thread? :wink:

:lik:

I totally get the point but do you get mine? Its the same thing, just take off those green shades for a moment! :wink:

I notice you didn't answer my question so I'll take it as a 'yes' answer. If you're going to take the morale high ground then you must practise what you preach! :D

:shock:

Ans: I ignored it as irrelevant. Rangers are in court not me. When David Murray said for every £5 Celtic spent on players - they'd spend £10, I didn't think 40% of it would be paid by (us) the tax payer.

Ans: I ignored it as irrelevant. Rangers are in court not me. When David Murray said for every £5 Celtic spent on players - they'd spend £10, I didn't think 40% of it would be paid by (us) the tax payer.

It's not irrelevant if you're going to take the morale high ground though, is it?

Same principle!!

Cheers

Which seasons are you reffering to because the last poster who said that got shot down in flames and hasn't posted since!

Sorry aboot that but been away working. Sometime there are other things to life. And fair enuff can admit I was wrong. However a quick look at Rangers website shows they won 12 domestic trophies during the preriod they are being taken to court for tax evasion so the accusation they achieved success through cheating still stands. And I guess if they were happy to manipulate the rules in this period to achieve success then there must be some doubt as to what went on before! However no proof there so will not make that accusation.

I am happy to concede celtic were hopeless at the weekend when I was away. This is not the point tho. RFC have abused the rules of football and fairness. And sorry Kirsty, I haven't been around to help you, but you might be a serial axe murderer for all I know, doesn't have any bearing on the validity of your argument that RFC have broken the law, despite big lad's muddled assertions! What's your point caller? comes to mind.

I know you don't want to concede your club done wrong, but it has and HMRC are taking it to court, the papers are legally filed, they will be there for all to see and the outcome will be announced by the end of the year. I personally don't think it will come to administration but it will be serious.

Beware!

It's not irrelevant if you're going to take the morale high ground though, is it?

Same principle!!

Cheers

Hey Biglad. I liked the way you pressed my brother on this issue. He may be many things, but break the law? "Kirsty"? - I was hoping to learn something, I don't think he's broken any law in his life. He was bloody evasive though - Bloody goody two shoes!

• 3 weeks later...