Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy

trout

Without judging your abilities to comprehend things, I would suggest it would be something that you could bring up in the planning process.

Any pollution is bad, though, to date VE have a good record. In theory.

I was making a comparison with the quantities, your, I take it it is your video shows a construction site.

I look forward to reading in the planning your comments regarding this, as you say I am ignorant in all things. If the VE project goes ahead, you can be the one to ensure that measures are put in place to minimise this.

Now that I know, and now not ignorant that EVEN one gallon of oil will kill a whole loch, if it were to take the course indicated is now another reason to add to my dislike of pollution.

I can see by wasting my time the reports on the pollution of lochs,

In Shetland also, the Loch of Spiggie has suffered badly from enrichment with only 3 species of stonewort being found in 2003 where formerly there were 6 species.

I understand it can be quite a cause for concern...

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/295194/0103847.pdf

A big concern a few years later...

http://www.sepa.org.uk/water/river_basin_planning/area_advisory_groups/orkney_and_shetland/actions_planned.aspx

It seems again that the biggest risk to the lochs is the need for food.

No mentions (yet) of leaking wind turbines, though no doubt there may be some.

If VE put in measures to prevent this happening, or contain it, problem solved. Oh apart from a blade flying off and knocking the neighbouring one over.

Thanks for the insult though, it is reassuring that you are passionate.

Many transformers in new installations should be bunded.

As far as I know all transformers, and oil tanks including domestic heating oil should have a bund sufficient to contain the contents if they leak

There is always a problem with PMT.

Pole Mounted Transformers, though they contain less than in a fuelled tractor.

AT wrote: Billy Fox ran for MSP. He didn't win. That was your democracy in action.

Ms Urquhart (SNP) came third but is now a MSP with a vote that will cancel out any vote by our elected MSP Tavish Scott - now that's democracy.

Never the less, AT is right that Billy ran and lost. Who came third in the constituency is irrelevant.

Secondly, Tavish has (and it's not often I say much good about Mr Scott) quite correctly, given the divisions in the community he represents) been publicly neutral on the windfarm.

Anyway, that is how the additional member electoral system that Labour and the Liberals devised works. Any of the 7 additional members for the Highlands and Islands Region (3 SNP, 2 Labour, 2 Tory) could vote Tavish down, even if he did take a position on the issue.

Many transformers in new installations should be bunded.

As far as I know all transformers, and oil tanks including domestic heating oil should have a bund sufficient to contain the contents if they leak

Some bund if it can contain the spray of oil coming from a gearbox 90 metres up in the air in 40 mph wind - but hey, maybe they'll erect a 100 metre high concrete wall around each turbine to stop the oil.

I am highly dubious of The Charitable Trust's claims; which banks? Have they named these banks? Have they stated the repayment period? Have they stated the APR (%)?

Here is a press release from the SCT. It doesn't mention APR but if I have time I will see if this has been made public.

http://www.shetlandcharitabletrust.co.uk/assets/files/SCT%20Press%20Release2%20-%20Lloyds%20Bank%20Presentation.pdf

What do young people think about a renewable energy industry in Shetland? I notice from the photo at last night’s meeting that the average age appeared to be > 60.

Nothing wrong with being 60 – just that you will be dead soon.

recognise your parents there did you ?

• admin changed the title to Shetland windfarm - Viking Energy