Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

• 2 months later...

10 out of 10 , for flames excellent grub and brilliant service ,

Paulb would you not just explain that they charged the wrong price , im sure it was just a genuine mistake that they charged the wrong price , or do you have a zero tolerance policy for mistakes

Yes 10/10 for Flames from me too- for disabled-accessibility & toilet, excellent service, good food. {Garlic mushrooms & pizza}

The Sumburgh Hotel also get top marks for improving their disabled access and facilities- permanent ramp at the Lounge Bar door, and also a nice new disabled loo :) Thank you!

it was not a mistake the daughter questioned it. she does not have the nerve to tell people were to get off. if an item is on the takeway list and they refuse to sell it off that list and insists that she pays a higher price that is not a mistake.

Paulb you haven't made it clear whether your daughter was buying a takeaway or "sitting in". If it was the former then she should go back and ask for a refund of the difference.

You've obviously done better at Flames than we did on Saturday. My wife got turned away at the door along with a few others at 1.30. My daughter and I went there in the evening for a ham and pineapple pizza, only to be told they had no ham! We went to Turkish Delight instead.

To be fair to them they do have a sign that they are training staff just now so I will reserve judgement for the moment.

Hi there

I'll try and keep this post as short as possible

Firstly apologies to :

1) PaulBs daughter for the error caused by a combination of staff understanding, lack of training, and the menu which was reprinted on Friday due to this problem between the Chicken Tikka and the Chicken Kebab. We are corresponding with PaulB on this matter.

2) The hundreds of people affected by our closure on Saturday afternoon due to an unexpected onslaught of customers starting around 10am - even though no official opening had taken place, publicity caused by the ST "opening soon" piece, rave reviews on Facebook by some customers and coupled with the same by word of mouth led to the place running out of many of our products (much of which is produced fresh) by 1.30. Hand on heart we didn't see it coming. Although I'm used to running similar operations in Glasgow the warehouses there are open 7 days a week and carry a bigger stock of the products we require.

3) Those affected on Friday evening by the tampering of our gas bottles by a third party (which was duly reported to the police) causing the gas flow to be unworkable. It took us a couple of hours to get it resolvd and was outwith our control.

As we are new, we're bound to have some teething problems. Its good to know you love the food and that we've got the basic idea right. We are still undergoing major staff training as it has been impossible to find trained/experienced staff here. Please bear with us on this point.

Some decisions have had to be made whilst we step back and review the best way to move forward. For the time being we are going to stop the breakfasts giving us more training and preparation time for the lunch hours. We will continue Mon - Fri buffet lunches. The full main menus will be only be available 12 noon till 2pm and from 5pm till 11pm whilst between 2pm and 5pm it will be pizza, burgers & chips only along with teas, coffees, cakes etc. Saturday may be the exception - we'll review things later in the week as I understand its going to be a long weekend for the kids this week...

Any suggestions (or complaints) etc, please feel free to contact me...

Akhee

PS Still awaiting BT to install the phone line for which they have quoted 36 Working Days - how do people put up with this up here ?

I had one of the staff tell me they were trained to make coffee by an "Italian", that is great I suppose, I was taught by a Catalan. Difference I believe is I was taught that an espresso is opaque not transparent and how important it is to keep the machine clean. They obvious have a serious machine as the crema was impressive, but no clue how to work it.

I had one of the staff tell me they were trained to make coffee by an "Italian", that is great I suppose, I was taught by a Catalan. Difference I believe is I was taught that an espresso is opaque not transparent and how important it is to keep the machine clean. They obvious have a serious machine as the crema was impressive, but no clue how to work it.

Perhaps they meant a Barista?