Random Questions - What I'd like to know is ......?

Njugle

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to know is:

There used to be a clock which stood on a pole, somewhere about the head of Victoria Pier. What happened to it?

:?:

I mind the mine....the flag pole.....the chained aff flooer pots....even vaguely mind something about a plaque someplace among the brucks round there wi the Queens name on it....there was a clock abun the Harbour Office door, anidder een abun the wast door idda auld steamer's store....but I mind nothin aboot een on a pole. :?

Senility must be finally setting in. Anyone got a Zimmer frame going cheap, I'll be needing that before I know. :wink:

^^

http://photos.shetland-museum.org.uk/index.php?a=wordsearch&s=item&key=Wczo1OiJDbG9jayI7&pg=19

Does this help on the senility :wink:

Da Auld Een is worse, :lol: because he was convinced that it still was there :roll: He would not believe me when I said it not existed on any picture from the last years....and that I had never seen it!! I like clocks, and if I had seen something like that, I sure would have taken a picture...

Thank you for the answers !!

^^ Ahhh....Yes, I vaguely remember now. Would I be right in thinking that the Harbour Trust only erected that one as a replacement for the one on the old steamer's store, when it was knocked down and the pier converted to a carpark (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

No wonder I didn't remember it very well, my days of loitering round the Cross etc were before it was put up, and I was rarely around that part of town any more unless just driving through.

How is it that some folk (naming no names, noms-de-clavier or initials) are capable of sniping, bitching and jovially bantering at you in front of the audience of an online forum, but blank you in public? :roll:

Lack of social skills I guess, or even poor face recognition software :-)

How is it that some folk (naming no names, noms-de-clavier or initials) are capable of sniping, bitching and jovially bantering at you in front of the audience of an online forum, but blank you in public? :roll:

sweetheart I suddenly realised I wouldn't recognise you if you walked past me. I get so many folk coming up to me acting as if they were my best friend and it's like, "who are you?". What with the youth work, mental elf, Camphill etc, just kind of loose faces.

Figure last time I saw you was either Roseberry House or Menzieshill, 10 years ago... So was that you on the street the otherday?

• 3 weeks later...